jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Need Your Help With An Upcoming Food-Related Project, Please!

1. Kyriaki Chatzi profile image85
    Kyriaki Chatziposted 3 months ago

Dear fellow Hubbers, thank you so much for taking the time to pass by here.

But, let's cut to the chase. I am currently working on a project, and I need your honest opinion. Which TV show you think deserves its own cookbook? Be it the girliest soap opera you've ever watched or a classic drama, please share your honest opinion.

Thank you!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't think they even eat food on "The Black List", my favorite show. People might enjoy a cookbook based on the return of "The Gilmore Girls", though.

2. jackclee lm profile image77
    jackclee lmposted 3 months ago

To be honest, I don't think its a good idea. A good cook book should stand on its own.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't agree.   The cookery section of any bookshop is SO crowded, you need some kind of "hook" to stand out. 

Of course, my worry would be that the recipes should be genuinely related to the TV show, and that would severely limit the shows that would work.

Kyriaki Chatziposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You couldn't spell my thoughts out more precisely, Marisa.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image86
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 months ago

Downton Abbey would have worked well but it is probably too late for that.

And might I add the cookbook is not that well-written. That's just my opinion, of course.

4. FlourishAnyway profile image93
    FlourishAnywayposted 3 months ago

The Big Bang Theory, Vampire Diaries, Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead, Duck Dynasty or anything Harry Potter or Star Wars.  If the recipes were cute and creative enough I could see it as a Halloween go-to.  Or Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown where he travels the world tasting local delicacies, some of which are nasty but intriguing.  Sometimes you wonder what's in that stuff.

Of course Anthony Bourdain has his own books for his series.

2. Kyriaki Chatzi profile image85

Thank you, Flourish! You always come up with the most helpful answers! Walking Dead, Harry Potter and Star Wars are actually taken. Anthony Bourdain is working on his own books as Marisa suggested. But, the rest of your suggestions are actually very spot on. Thank you!

5. Billie Kelpin profile image90
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 months ago

definitely Big Bang - they're always ordering take-out and Penny works at the Cheesecake factory. We have references to Hoard's mother's cooking. We have Indian food with Rag, Texas chili or something from Sheldon, Maybe home-made babyfood will be mentioned with Howard and Bernadette's baby; Nebraskan something from Penny, Spacefood, Star Wars themed food,and on and on. Its a virtual gold mine! Where do I buy stock? Im so excited!

Billie! Love your enthusiasm! I see you are a big fan of BBT. Stay tuned, then!

working