jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Food that dont go bad.

1. Rudra profile image57
    Rudraposted 8 years ago

What is the only food that doesnt spoil.

2. 59
    mary plantainposted 8 years ago

Beef jerky

3. Apae profile image72
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

I remember in year 2 in primary school our scripture teacher gave us candy canes. It was Christmas you see. We all started eating and she said candy never went off. I don't suppose it does, unless you leave it in the car on a hot day lol. Many tears there...

4. mgwhite profile image54
    mgwhiteposted 8 years ago

Kind of scary - I know someone who had a loaf of "Bunny" brand bread for 6 months, and it never molded. Something doesn't seem right about that. :->

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I see cans of waxed beans sometimes that look like they are about 50 years old.  Maybe they never go bad?

6. 75
    Knowledge Spongeposted 8 years ago

I have heard that honey doesn't go bad, but I don't necessarily believe that.  Honey has a tendancy to crystalize over time, the crystals forming on little bits of protein naturally left in the honey, usually.  One food I know never spoils is sugar, but that is only as long as it is kept dry.  There is also debate that wine never spoils if it is bottled correctly (it may taste horrible, but it's still drinkable) and liquor in general doesn't spoil... however, whether liquor can be considered a food really depends on the person, generally it's not... Anyways, I can see me ranting on this for a long time so I'll stop here.

7. Roxy Marshall profile image60
    Roxy Marshallposted 8 years ago

8. Astralbex profile image60
    Astralbexposted 8 years ago

Well not sure about dried beans and pulses. If kept air tight they must be ok for years.
    I got a bag of blackeyed beans a few years back and it said BBD 2015!