From hard recipe to simple fix...

1. B.Z. Alixandre profile image80
    B.Z. Alixandreposted 7 years ago

I love cooking as I'm sure many of us do.  But I rarely cook for just myself.  One day when I had to cook for myself, I was suddenly inspired by some ingredients in my cupboard and invented "Easy as Shepard's Pie".

The traditional dish (which I really don't know much about) is a meat dish topped with potatoes served in a pie crust.  I did eliminate the the crust.  What I did was take my favorite soup (Chunky Pot Roast) and cooked it up.  At the same time I made instant potatoes (Idahoan Buttery Yukon or Homestyle).  I used some ceramic bowls, ladled in some soup, topped it with the potatoes and sprinkled some cheese  on top, slipped it under the broiler long enough to melt the cheese and crisp the potato.  One can of soup and one packet of potatoes made me three of these.  I fed them to my boyfriend and my (male) roommate.  None of us finished it because it was so filling, but it was so good that every time I make it they line up.

So how to you make a traditional, long, difficult recipe into a simple fix for everyone?

1. Luciendasky profile image76
      Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

mmmm... that sounds really good - I must be getting hungry

2. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 7 years ago

Pasta and veges.. light mayonaise,..