jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Breakfast Casserole Recipes

1. Lighting Lady profile image61
    Lighting Ladyposted 7 years ago

I'm going to be putting on a baby-shower for my daughter-in-law.
    It's going to be a brunch, does anyone have any breakfast casserole recipes I could try?

1. jiberish profile image80
      jiberishposted 7 years ago in reply to this
    2. scarytaff profile image77
      scarytaffposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've never heard of a breakfast casserole, although some of the ships I sailed on had quite a few odd menus. How about curry for breakfast? One ship I was on brought out smoked kippers, boiled potatoes and cabbage. On a Russian crewed ship, I had to teach the chef how to make scrambled eggs. Maybe this diversity helped me to get my enthusiasm for cooking.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I would go the quiche route. Haven't found any breakfast casserole that worked for me.

It's all basically the same -- eggs, heavy cream, cheese, meat or veggies, spices and a pie crust.

You can do bacon or ham with cheddar, asparagus and swiss, spinach and onions, or whatever floats your boat. Easy and can be made ahead of time.

3. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Stratta is easy.

4. 0
    rednckwmnposted 7 years ago

at your house, or to bring along? make ahead, or to serve hot? I know several, I've been putting on "big breakfast" for my large extended famuily for years...
    at any rate, listen to irohner...quiche is a very very good idea, anytime!!

5. Delaney Boling profile image76
    Delaney Bolingposted 7 years ago

This is the perfect quiche recipe; easy, cheap and delicious! These can be made a day ahead and then re-heated in the oven for perfect results. For a baby-shower, have you considered having a "High-Tea" theme? Basically, instead of serving heavy casseroles and/or other items, set out some delicate finger foods such as small quiche slices, finger sandwiches, petit-fours, fresh fruit and assorted pastries. That way, the guests can eat while being able to participate in the party. Not just that, but it's an elegant way to entertain that's highly under-rated. It could definately make your party stand out!

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Make-a-P … r-Under-10

6. bearnmom profile image51
    bearnmomposted 7 years ago

You can try my cooking site.  I have posted the a recipe for Brocoli and Cheese Frittata.  At Easter I plan to post the family recipe for our family's Fritta that we serve at a brunch every Easter morning.