jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Promoting Recipe Hub?

1. UPStar profile image59
    UPStarposted 6 years ago

I just tried my hand at writing a hub on cooking squash. I have, like NO idea how to promote such a hub. Do you do anything to promote your recipe hubs? If so where and how? Or do they do good on thier own?

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are quite a few cooking sites that you can post messages on, and then leave a link to your hub.

However, I've found that my recipe hubs have listed pretty well on google quite quickly and bring in their own traffic...

2. ertweryt profile image60
      ertwerytposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i think i am having the same problem with you,but just ask and answer questions is a way to promote.

2. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

I think it is Ok to promote anything having to do with food here...new rule! Ok...better check with the Hubpages about that...what do I know?

3. judydianne profile image81
    judydianneposted 6 years ago

My hubs are primarily recipe hubs and I find that my tags are very important. If you use the google wonder wheel, it will give you ideas to use for tags.

Go to google.com and put in words like Squash recipe. Hit enter. Right below the Google name, click on "show options." Under "Standard view" you will see "Wonder wheel." Click on that. You'll see ideas for tags that you can put on your hub to get it into google search. This has worked for me. 76% of my activity comes from google search, according to my adsense stats. I hope this helps.

4. Katelyn Weel profile image88
    Katelyn Weelposted 6 years ago

I went to about.com and made an account, posted in the food forums. That's a huge site with a lot of traffic, it's worked pretty well so far.

5. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 6 years ago

I wrote a couple hubs on cooking and Google just throws traffic at me. One of them gave me a click the first night I added it.

Send it to all your friends on the social sites your use, that should give it an instant boost in traffic and search engines should follow suite.

Are you indexed in Google yet?

6. indian cooking profile image52
    indian cookingposted 6 years ago

I have 30 plus Hubs now and as my user name indicates I write mostly on Indian Recipes. Do click on my Profile picture to see those recipes.