jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Ways to cook asparagus

1. HostingInHeels profile image61
    HostingInHeelsposted 6 years ago

I need some different ways to cook asparagus.

2. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago

Do what I do. Just eat them raw with some chocolate sauce;)

3. Blogging Erika profile image79
    Blogging Erikaposted 6 years ago

Raw with chocolate sauce????!

I heat a bit of oil in a pan on the stovetop, then cook the asparagus over medium heat for 5-15 minutes, depending on how thick they are.  The thicker they are, the tougher they are, and the longer they have to cook.

When they have roasty brown bits on them, and when they sort of flop in the middle if you fork one end and pick it up, they're done! 

Sometimes I add a bit of minced garlic at this point and cook them together for another minute.  Other times I add a bit of grated cheddar cheese.  But mostly I just eat them straight out of the pan!

1. Jonathan Janco profile image80
      Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Only joking . . . but there's probably someone who likes it that way.

4. 321gofish profile image61
    321gofishposted 6 years ago

I pour a small amount of olive oil over the asparagus with a little sea salt to season.

Pour 1/2 cup of Balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and heat. Continue cooking the vinegar until it thickens. Try not to stand directly over the balsamic vinegar while cooking, it will take your breath away.

When it has thickened the vinegar will have a sweet taste.

Grill the asparagus on your gas or charcoal grill. 

Once the asparagus are cooked, pour the balsamic vinegar over them and serve.

They are delicious!

5. Sandy Thorn profile image60
    Sandy Thornposted 6 years ago

My fiance sautes them in olive oil and garlic with a little seasoning salt.  Simple and oh so yummy!

6. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

i boil it till tender, then drain and put a butter on it or lemon drops....put it mixed in  apork chop, or stand alone

7. TINA V profile image81
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

You can steam the asparagus for approx. 3 to 5 mins. Then you can top it with this cream sauce.
    Suggested Cream Sauce: Mix well 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 small can tuna, salt & pepper to taste, 1 tsp. parsley, pinch of garlic powder
    Hope you like it.

8. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Asparagus soup, roasted asparagus, stir-fried asparagus, sesame asparagus, in a salad, wrapped with prosciutto -- tons of ways!

9. 0
    sandra rinckposted 6 years ago

little evoo, salt, oven bake 375 6 minutes, viola!  Get some cream cheese, sprinkle with cayenne, salt, pepper mix good and serve.

How come asparagus makes your pee smell?