jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Great and safe dish to bring for Thanksgiving

1. smsgreen profile image60
    smsgreenposted 6 years ago

I made a green bean side dish that was so popular, it was a favorite over the standard green bean traditional American style Thanksgiving dish!

Poblano Green Bean Dish recipe

Serves 12

* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
        * 1 1/2 medium onions, thinly sliced
        * 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
        * 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
        * 3 poblano chiles, seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1/4-inch strips (3 cups)
        * 1 cup water
        * 1 tablespoon coarse salt
        * 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

1. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to caramelize, about 13 minutes.
       2. Add garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add green beans, chiles, water, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until green beans and chiles are tender and liquid has evaporated, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I'm not a green bean person but I know a lot of other ppl who might enjoy that one. Hope you also made this into a hub big_smile

3. TINA V profile image81
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

I'm not a green bean person too.  Indeed, you can post this as your hub. There are still a lot of people who loves to eat vegetables.  Thanks for sharing.

4. bearnmom profile image51
    bearnmomposted 6 years ago

I'm really tired of the green bean casseroles.  Those are all you see in advertisements on tv each year.  Myself I prefer a fall squash medley.  I intend to bring my zucchini appetizer this year.

5. Mocha Momma profile image60
    Mocha Mommaposted 6 years ago

I have yet to have met a vegetable that I didn't like.  I love green beans...  I like to make them flavorful, yet keep the freshness of the green bean in tact.  I think I will try your recipe.  Thanks for sharing!  I personally do not like to flood things in cream of mushroom soup and salty onion ring straws out of a can (it's salty and not really all that great tasting).

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It looks like a nice recipe.  I'm always looking for ways to do a little something to add something to vegetables to make them a little special for Thanksgiving.