jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

1. 61
    Jason Boltposted 6 years ago

"Frittata" is the name given to a dish made from an almost endless variety of ingredients set in eggs.  It can be cooked on the stove or in the oven.  The final creation can resemble anything from a pancake to a casserol.  Considering it's versatility it can be made to accomidate the main or side dish for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    Let your imagination run wild because frittatas can be a quick fix or an eligant cullinary creation to serve guests. Between quick and eligant is the best place to describe the ease of preperation.  A saute pan, mixing bowl and baking pan are the main tools needed for this method.
      First; if meat is used, bacon for example, cook that first then remove from the pan leaving enough grease to sautee vegetables.  Slice to moderate size and set aside.
      Next; saute onions then garlic and finally mix in spinach until wilted.  Remove from heat and stir in the bacon. 
      Lastly; add this to a bowl of lightly scrambled eggs. Incorporate these along with some swiss cheese until combined.  Pour into a prepared casserole dish to bake at 350 degrees.
      I like to carefully place thinly sliced tomatoes over the top for color and presentation before placing in the oven.  Bake the fritatta until a fork stuck in the middle comes out clean.
      The ingreedients and the method described above should give a good idea as to what a frittata is all about.  With a little culinary sense and some imagination a frittata can be many things.

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

This would make an excellent hub with some added pics to make our mouth water.

1. Chloe Comfort profile image61
      Chloe Comfortposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree - it would make a good hub - it's lunch time and my mouth is already watering - even w/out the pics :-)

3. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

I have a long standing Christmas tradition of breakfast frittata. Hubby and I make breakfast for the entire family...fritatta works best. We make it and freeze it in advance, and add some stuff right before we re-heat it..like tomatoes..stuff that doesnt freeze well. It is delicious,easy,  budget friendly, and makes everyone happy!!

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh yeah, I have a giant cast iron skillet I use, to cook everything before, and in the oven.

4. bearnmom profile image51
    bearnmomposted 6 years ago

In our house Frittata is the traditional Easter Sunday Brunch main course.  We make it with all the best Italian meats and cheese in the oven.