jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who else makes hot chocolate from candy bars?

1. Divas Can Cook profile image81
    Divas Can Cookposted 6 years ago

My husband was shocked to see me whip up a creamy, silky cup of hot chocolate using a Dove Candy bar. Maybe it's cheating but it make one heck of a cup of hot chocolate! It's something that my mother always did for us.

Does anyone else do this? If so what kind of candy bar do you use?

2. restoremyheart profile image61
    restoremyheartposted 6 years ago

I have not tryed that, how exactly do you do that.  Can you give more specific instructions on how to make hot chocolate with dove candy bars?  I have made it with the dry unsweetened chocolate, and milk, my kids always loved it:)

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I've never heard of anyone doing that, but it makes sense.  The only thing I've done is make "Kool Aid"  by dipping lollipops in a glass of water (but it doesn't make very good Kool Aid, needless to say.   lol

4. Bradley Chapple profile image61
    Bradley Chappleposted 6 years ago

Using real chocolate is the more traditional way of creating real hot chocolate. I've never done it (I'm a bit lazy).

The wife and I have made chocolate covered strawberries using a few Hershey bars and makeshift double boiler... but I think everyone knows about that one.

5. Three-Legged Dog profile image80
    Three-Legged Dogposted 6 years ago

Ooh, I've never done that.  Just cocoa powder and milk, here.

However, I DO melt down chocolate bars to make chocolate covered pretzels.  Especially at Easter.  Big chocolate bunnies. Hehe.

6. Anath profile image72
    Anathposted 6 years ago

When I am really really bad I chop a Mars bar in tiny pieces, add some boiling water and a dash of rum mmmmm.... heaven for bad girls smile

7. TheGlassSpider profile image80
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

I never have before...but you can bet I will now!! You should write a hub about how to do it! You could take your own pictures of the process at home. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.