jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

I'm making 3, count 'em, 3 kinds of Christmas tamales!

1. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

i'm scared.

seriously. never done that before but one of my resolutions is to do stuff i haven't done before.

i am making:

red tamales. these are made with roast beef and dried red chiles.

green corn tamales: made with fresh corn and green chiles

vegetarian green corn tamales: the same but made with veggie broth and vegetable shortening in the masa

i am also making homemade pinto beans, homemade Spanish rice, homemade empenadas (savory and sweet), and buenuelos.

not to mention the usual Christmas cookies to give as presents.

i must be insane but at the same time, i wanted to make it a homemade sort of Christmas.

wooHoo haven't even done my shopping yet haha!!!

now i know there's a lot of fightin' goin' on here but i am so filled with the Holy Spirit (heh) of Christmas i don't hate anyone right now

i saw two accidents this morning at various times (well, after the fact), and right now there's police sirens and fire trucks, so something is going on. OOH and now a helicopter. must be baddd)

so take care people and have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, ok?

love, cosette

1. blue dog profile image78
      blue dogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i'll take a dozen of each.

okay, six of each.

2. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

Yum cosette!  I hope my friend Josie brings me back some homemade tamales from Mexico this year! 

Did you see the Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe from KCC Big Country: 

We aren't going home this year.  It's my sister, brother, the dogs and me.  I think we're having baked ham and homemade baked mac and cheese.  Maybe some Cornish hens too.

3. NaomiR profile image86
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Yum! Can I join you? I love tamales! We had some wonderful ones when we were in Mexico City.

4. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

yep, it's going to be a spicy Christmas all right wink

right now all the stuff is in bags, staring at me going "do you feel lucky? well do ya, punk? big_smile yikes

5. Lita C. Malicdem profile image80
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 6 years ago

Yummy tamales and empanadas! Wow, and I thought they are only our local delicacies down here. I like them. Of course we have our own recipes for these. They are signature give-aways for all occasions, right you are. Thanks for sharing.

6. yenajeon profile image81
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

Aww lucky! I heart heart tamales. Three kinds though? amazing!
    kudos smile