jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

Remember "Bar None" Candy Bars?

1. ncmonroe1981 profile image60
    ncmonroe1981posted 7 years ago

I think they were great! If you agree, you can sign this online petition asking Hershey to bring them back.

Check it out:

http://www.petitiononline.com/barnone/petition.html

1. Google Gal profile image60
      Google Galposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I remember em , and whatchamacalit , or however you spell it - were good too but I haven't seen them around in a while either

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 7 years ago in reply to this

i had a whatamacallit just the other day. what about sky bars?

havent heard of a sky bar , but I want a watchamacalit and havent seen one in years maybe they just dont sell em where I shop , glad to know they are still around thogh , Whats a sky bar?

1. profile image0

chocolate, with four pieces, each filled with a different thing.  caramel, vanilla, and i forget the other 2, been a long time...I think strawberry and milk chocolate....

that sounds better than a plain ole hershy bar thats for sure smile

1. profile image0

mmmmm. I like it.  smile it might have peanut butter in one square? its really been a long time...

2. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 7 years ago in reply to this

God yes.  Do you have some?????

2. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 7 years ago

yeah I remember them, I swear I had one not too long ago...at least a couple years at the latest..I will be glad to help you and sign...

ncmonroe1981posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Awesome! Thanks smile

3. tntguru profile image59
    tntguruposted 7 years ago

I do. We used to have them for breakfast and lunch. At the time I was working in a bookstore and, since they first came out, we were promoting them; thus, we had boxes and boxes of "none bar" to hand out to returning college students. As far as signing a petition to bring them back, I would rather not. Let the market decide decide their fate.

Hey, that's cool, man...I just thought I'd put the opportunity here for people who liked them. We *are* part of the market wink
      Thanks for bumping the thread though! :-)

4. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

I didnt realize they were going away? mmm candy....

5. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

i never heard of them. isn't that weird?

1. profile image0

wich one?
      skybar (wich I typed incorrectly before)

http://www.candyfavorites.com/Skybar-pr … nAod_A2jJQ

6. ncmonroe1981 profile image60
    ncmonroe1981posted 7 years ago

From the petition site:

"Hershey's Bar None was a chocolate bar created by The Hershey Company and released in 1986. It went nationwide in September 1987 after testing in California. The original formula consisted of a cocoa wafer, chocolate filling, peanuts and a milk chocolate coating. In 1993, the product was reformulated into two wafers with chocolate coating, peanuts, and caramel. It was eventually discontinued a few years later with little fanfare."

Sky Bars and Whatchamacallits can be found at retro candy shops online, but I can't find the Bar None. :-(

If anyone finds some though, I'd love to know!!

7. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

I live near a liquidation grocery store. its where I get most of my food, at really low prices. discontinued items and such. insurance claims and overstocked stuff...so I get to eat alot of things that are technically gone.

Lucky you!! Enjoy a Bar None for me! ;-)

working