jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

different cultured food

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
    greeneyesH1982posted 6 years ago

anyone have any ideas on different types of cultured food that they have made or tried that they really liked?

1. nooyawka212 profile image59
      nooyawka212posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wait a sec. What do you mean by 'cultured'? Do you mean from a culture other than American? Do you mean fermented, using a bacteria culture? If you're talking about beer and wine, they are 'cultured' by bacteria. So is bread. What do you want to know?

2. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

you mean like yogurt? wink

anyway, i have made Mexican, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, but never Indian cuisine for some reason. i had some Indian food in a restuarant once and there was some spice in it that as soon as it went in my mouth i felt like i had to throw up. i mean it was instantaneous

greeneyesH1982posted 6 years ago in reply to this

no not yoghurt silly

3. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 6 years ago

I think everyone who lives in America has had some other culture's food. My favorite to make and eat are crab rangoons.

greeneyesH1982posted 6 years ago in reply to this

crab rangoons?

4. Karina S. profile image60
    Karina S.posted 6 years ago

I made taco's

5. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

Grits. With butter. big_smile

6. BBCG profile image61
    BBCGposted 6 years ago

I like to try food from different cultures, but what I eat mostly comes from my girlfriend, who is asian.  There are some really good foods and spices in that type of food.  I also have an aunt who is from India, and I love a lot of food from there...

There there is Mexican and Italian that I really enjoy as well...

7. elayne001 profile image47
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I make curry quite a bit because my husband loves it. I like it mildly hot whereas he likes it really hot so it makes you sweat when you eat it - good for clearing out the sinuses. I prefer dry curry - he prefers wet. Anyways, curry is best if you have the authentic spices. Some are touted as aphrodisiacs.

8. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

Italian (both traditional as well as Americanized), Asian, British, Scottish, Middle Eastern...and the list goes on.  Love it!