jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)

Okay...so you can have any kind of dessert you want...

1. elisabeth reid profile image78
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

cost isn't an object.  Calories?  Pshaw -- it's all calorie-free for tonight.   Time of preparation?  Not an issue. 

What would it be?

(and no, I'm not going to get it for you -- this is hypothetical -- so there).

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Call me a peasant if you will....

Pineapple upside down cake with hot custard or Lemon meringue pie . Hmmmmmm....

3. elisabeth reid profile image78
    elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago

Oh, yummmmm...I love both of 'em but the pineapple upside down cake is easier to do at this altitude.  I finally found a good lemon meringue pie recipe but it took years of trial and error to find it...and then quite a bit of fine-tuning.

4. protjack profile image60
    protjackposted 8 years ago
  5. Blogger Mom profile image80
    Blogger Momposted 8 years ago

NY Cheesecake or anything chocolate.
    Or just chocolate cheesecake. smile

1. WeddingConsultant profile image82
      WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Blogger mom, I'd have to agree.  My favorite dessert is cheesecake, hands down!

6. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Most expensive chocolate in the world.

20-someodd different types of cocoa.. mmmmmm

7. peachtron profile image60
    peachtronposted 8 years ago

Totally my Mother-in-Law's Strawberry Shortcake.  It is literally, to die for.  Just melts in your mouth.

8. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 8 years ago

Apple Dumplings with Cool Whip or Vanilla Ice Creme is something you will never forget. One of the best tasting desserts I have ever eaten. And Chocolate Cake can just not be beaten if made right. But my all time fav is Sour Creme Coconut Cake.

9. ZEV profile image60
    ZEVposted 8 years ago

An Idaho favorite is hot Huckleberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top. I did however taste a chocolate cake from Costco the other day and I think it was the best I had ever tasted in my life.

10. mgwhite profile image54
    mgwhiteposted 8 years ago

Big, rich chocolate milk shake, or cookies & cream milk shake. I know it's not fancy, but it's something I love that I never (almost) let myself have.

11. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

A big slice of cherry cheesecake with a slice of cherry cheesecake chaser and a glass of Portuguese Port to wash it down with.....drool-dibble-dribble-drool (not a pretty sight) zs

elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I dunno...I'm right there with you.  Even worse, probably.  I usually do cherry cheesecake for holiday dinners....and I didn't make one for Easter.

I'm going through withdrawal.

12. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

The chocolate-orange cheesecake brownies I made this week were pretty darn good.  Why is it that I always make the tastiest desserts when I'm improvising?

elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Because, if you're like me, when you try and replicate what you improved...well...

Drives me crazy.

13. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Apple and cherry pie if my mom is baking it.  She is such a great baker and I love her crust.  The filling is also great too.  When she makes apple pie she uses apples from their trees, so I always love it.

14. RFox profile image81
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie......Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....
    Oh and I'm totally addicted to Gulab Jaman. So if cost was no object I would fly back to Jaipur to eat Gulab Jaman at Natraj Restaurant.....best dessert ever!

15. 0
    sandra rinckposted 8 years ago

neopolitan ice cream.  never gets old to me.  delish.

16. TessaEvans profile image59
    TessaEvansposted 8 years ago

Oh, there are simply too many to choose from.  I am desserts number one fan!!  It may be quicker for me to say what I don't want........

A definite no to school custard, if you could have called it that.

I think right now, it would be homemade rhubarb crumble and custard.  Delicious.