jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Obesity! Whose problem is it the parents or the school/government?

1. sunflower1 profile image71
    sunflower1posted 6 years ago

I would like some suggestions of a healthy choice that can be offered to teenagers that they would EAT! If given a choice between a fresh salad or chicken nuggets Hmmmm, I can tell you healthy is not an option. Any suggestions?

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

lifestyle of the family -- the one who cooks food and have the say on what to eat in the family

government -- to some extent --they dont regulate MCDONALDS hehe

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The FDA regulates the products that they use, put not how those products are put together.

And, to be hoenst, the FDA already has too much power. smile

2. sunflower1 profile image71
      sunflower1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ok! Everyone else is out of it. Can you suggest something a teenage would choose as a healthy  meal?

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would suggest deli meats, for sandwiches to take to school. It wouldn't be too much to rotate what they take for sandwiches. Depending on what age you're talking about too?

If you've noticed a change in their behavior or eating habits, then you could have a problem. One would think that a person would be required to spend some time with their child, in order, to see these changes.

If parents are absent in certain aspects of the child's upbringing, then there will be one hardened, uneducated child growing up to end up as a criminal in a society, where morality and self-responsiblity are a requirement.

Just a thought. smile

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Well, I would choose the fresh salad over frozen and then fried reprocessed muck any time. I guess it's a matter of how one's taste is educated in early years. My daughters were brought up always having side salads or heaps of vegetables with every meal. They went through faddy phases as toddlers, but now as adults both love good food with plenty of vegetables and fruit. It was the same for me when I was a child. If parents enjoy good food and give it to their kids rather than always opt for the easy option ready meals, the children will also develop good taste.

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

To answer the question the blame is to be placed on the parents. smile

The problem with which creates obese people, sometimes is an imbalance, so it's very hard to combat the problem. This needs to be noticed at an earlier stage, before children become older.

The school/government should mind it's own damn business, when it comes to the family issues or problems. These screwed up people need to stop interferring in other people's business.

Spread health educational knowledge and show people the wisdom to living a health life, the advantages and explain to them every aspect of the problem(obesity).

Again, school and government need to stay out of it. smile

5. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Parents are their primary teachers, it's not up to the school teachers to raise our kids.