Mc Donald's Or?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (102 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Many love McDonald's but are there any other choices?

If there is another choice why do you enjoy them?

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry - not everyone loves McDonalds, many of us really dislike the production line plastic food and the production line morons who jump to the buzzers and bells that they make from normal nice kids.

AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where we reside our youth do not jump to buzzers and bells and I honestly have not ever tasted plastic where we reside either so that must be a very harsh taste. Are you talking about MCDonald's in China?

2. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhh you can't beat a good old maccy d's! I've never had a subway though! I must try it sometime! smile

3. Wayne Tully profile image64
      Wayne Tullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy my own kitchen, because you know what you're gonna get in the food that you make!

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

McDonald's is good for coffee and pancakes.

the onliest other fast food place i can recommend is Subway. they bake their buns fresh every day and when you walk into the store it smells so yummy.

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YUP!!!   I agree.    Love McDonalds pancakes and coffee!!  smile

5. Springboard profile image83
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In life there are always choices. Locally here we have Oscar's, for example. There's also Kopps. We have Omega Burger. All are good in their own right and for their own reasons.

Those all sound yummy! What is Omega burger? :smile

1. blondepoet profile image68
          blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi buddy I think it is a burger with omega. smile

6. NunezWillLearn profile image61
      NunezWillLearnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like KFC beside Mcdonald's and also Dominoz

2. Ladybird33 profile image64
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I am more of a subway girl, myself....healthier smile

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Subway! Eat Fresh!...

I think I really like Chick-fil-A, though. Hmmm, tough one! big_smile

A Chik- fil-A is that US slang Dre, we don't have those in our takeaway restaurants here.

1. must65gt profile image77
          must65gtposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chic-fil-a was my job in college. used to get all I wanted for free....still haven’t been able to break the habit....

2. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree...If I had to pick between fastfood I would pick Wendy's

2. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I kuke Quizznos but if it has to be burger joint then I think Burger King

3. ThePartyAnimal profile image60
      ThePartyAnimalposted 14 years ago

Hmmmm McDonald's - I live in a rural area and that is the only fast food place close and honestly not a favorite.
      If I am out where I have choices I would choose Subway - I love the Veggie Delight Subs - Yummy

4. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

In Canada we have Harvey's not sure if there

But if I was being tortured and had to choose as a trade to live I would live and die for Mc's

5. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

btw AEvans yo are hilarious

In the states I tried fatburger OMG delicious wow

Now Im hungry for burger and fries and its 830 in the morning. sigh,

All this attention over hamburgers and French fries.....my arteries are feeling congested already...lol I will have to write a hub on making the best hamburger you ever sunk into your heart…

6. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i use to love mcdonalds but after watching the movie supersize me i havent want fast food at all ... as for sub sandwiches firehouse subs are by far the best ... mmm yummy and AEvans i agree i aint never seen any kids jump to bells and buzzers ... that's a new one big_smile

I know I guess Mickey D's is different in every country big_smile

7. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I couldn't get my kids to jump at the threat of violence. If Mickey D's can get them to jump to buzzers I may have to change my mind about who my favorite is. wink

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

8. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I am seriously thinking of having a sub for dinner  now!

I was going to have baked beans with sweet chilli sauce on toast with cheese on top hmm

Now I gotta decide! They both have got my mouth watering lol

9. samboiam profile image60
      samboiamposted 14 years ago

Whataburger, is my favorite burger joint. I love Chik-Fil-A's fries

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotta agree, Whataburger hands down!

10. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I must admit that there isn't a convenient fast food restaurant within walking distance and I can't be bothered to get in the car to go to them. But I can walk to the local pizza shop, so they are my first stop for a sub or calzone or even pizza!

11. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

I've never liked McDonalds burgers. When you make your own burgers from fresh steak mince, fast food burgers pale into insignificance!  The chips (fries) at McDs are OK though, as is the coffee.

My local butcher does its own version of southern fried chicken - chicken breast coated in spicy breadcrumbs and deep fried, for ÂŁ1.  Great when it's straight out of the oven.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ever try mince lamb burgers?
        I may never go back to beef burgers smile Yummmmmmmy!

1. profile image0
          EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, but eaten in pitta bread with salad it sounds like a great alternative to doner kebab.

Near me there is a kebab shop which is right next door to an undertakers.  Doesn't exactly inspire confidence...

It actually is like a cross between a doner and a burger. I do love walking past kebab shops! The smells are ummmmmm! Homer Simpson moment here slobbering lol

12. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I quit eating fast food cold turkey and I have SO MUCH MORE energy now. I always try to go to a local cafe or someplace to get 'fast food'.

Healthier, local and much tastier! My body is not a fan of preservatives and all that junk.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. And I love supporting locally-owned business. Although I know some of the franchises are owned by locals. The menues have more options and interesting items.

2. sarovai profile image73
        sarovaiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Trying to avoid is good for health.smile

13. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years ago

Living in france for so many years, my whole attitude towards Mcd changed! ( It's just sooo unpopular there!) I got used to eating baguettes full of fresh salad and tomato, so light and healthy that I can never enjoy a simple burger anymore.... pity I know!  sad

Plus, the only pizza I like now is the thin based one. Since moving to london, Subway is the closest I can come to enjoying fast food.... and I have yet to find a truly Italian version of pizza here! Yep, life in europe does that to you....smile

Funny how fast a baguette with cheese and or fresh salad fixins can be big_smile

My favorite 'fast foods' are those I cook myself. I do a few tasty meals that are darned fast!

2. profile image0

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/restaurants … -1636.html

Admittedly I haven't eaten there for a decade but last time I did, the pizzas were fab!  (Like Pizza Express pizzas, only much, much better.)

1. myownworld profile image73
          myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile thanks for this....! Dying to try it now....maybe, tonight! wink

yes kristen....I agree....but that french baguette...now if only I could bake that too!

Yeah, its best if you have a local french cafe that bakes its own on site. I prefer the more slender baguette as opposed to fatter more doughy ones.

2. blondepoet profile image68

MOW I just got a brain-wave. It suddenly dawned on me who you look like. Am putting you in my celebrity look a like hub as we speak smile

yikes ?? oh no blonde!! flattered as I am, you should have seen how I took that pic! Laptop, no make up, just dumped two kids at school and off to the gym!!  It's all those french baguettes i say that make you look like celebrities! wink
              Kristen........I wish there was a real french cafe here.....no such luck i'm afraid...! sad

I will let you know when it is ready, a girl has to make sure it is perfect LMAO. Just looking for the right matching photo of the celebrity I see you as, to do you proud lol

wink ok. I trust you not to let me down. (As long as it's not one of those hairy scary 'indian aunties' that are all over HP! ) Might try making you a special prawn baguette just to make your day! big_smile

14. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I love a Subway on an Italian foot long sub, with just that crab mix on it, nothing else. Oh a touch of pepper, no sauce, to get the full crab effect. Mmmmmmmmm.

15. profile image0
      blatvaposted 14 years ago

In California, There's a deli that makes the best burger I've ever had.....
      MAN, Why did I move so far away  ;.;  now I want one... Badly.

Though, Steak n Shake isn't bad...

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

no, not everyone loves mcdS. 

if I eat fast food, it's chic-fil-a or a fresh sub from publix.

if I get the urge for a burger, we have 5 guys ... but I hardly ever eat beef.

WoW...I was totally copycatted!

It's good stuff, though!

Fried Hamburgers....do people still eat those....I'll keep my grill.....

17. hublim profile image68
      hublimposted 14 years ago

I prefer home cooked burgers and if I’m out and looking for a sandwich it’ll probably be a subway for me. Quiznos is coming to the UK now and I preferred them when I was in the States.  I loved a buffalo chicken cheese steak from the local Deli.

18. World Marketing profile image40
      World Marketingposted 14 years ago

Mc donalds but i love whoppers

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

World:
        I much prefer "Burger King" to Mickey D's.
        Try BK's long chicken sandwich made like a whopper....fantastic!
        When my son was 14 he worked at BK in an apprentice program. He came home one day and said "Dad ya gotta try the long chicken sandwich made like a whopper! it's the best!"
        I also like Subways. They make a foot long for $5.00's. I can make 2 meals outa 1 of them.
        I travel alot. I have to admit that on a long trip, M.d's is the best for a quick bkfast and a superhot cuppa good coffee.

19. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years ago

Wendy's is the best!

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Legendary:
        Yep! I forgot Wendy's.
        Love their baked potato, chili, salad and that thick milkshake thing....all for a bucka piece.

20. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 14 years ago

It is lunchtime and all of these answers have made me hungry! lololo Wendy's does have some great chili , I enjoy there cheeseburgers. smile

21. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I eat McDonalds, SubWay(eat fresh(lol)) and cook for myself. smile

22. blondepoet profile image68

Are there any Subway workers here I desperately need some crab on a big juicy sub....
      Anyone??

Ok ok how about any Maccas workers..........

23. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 14 years ago

Loads of Subway fans here... we have one in our high street and it's OK, but is a lot of money for what it is IMO.

At the beginning of the week I buy four or five packs of part-baked baguette rolls from my local Aldi (50p for four!).  They take 10 minutes in the oven on gas mark 7.  Fill with Aldi chilli Brie and eat with an apple for a fast and tasty lunch!

What is Aldi Chili Brie? That sounds yummy! maybe you could give us the recipe on a hub. smile

1. profile image0

It doesn't need a recipe - it's just a little round wheel of Brie (a soft full-fat French cheese) with bits of chilli in it.  You can get plain Brie as well. 

(Brie is sold in just about every British supermarket.  But maybe it's not so well-known in America.)

And Aldi is a German supermarket chain which appeared in Britain a few years ago.  It's absolutely brilliant for things like cheese, olives, ham and weird 'n' wonderful special offer stuff that appears and disappears as quickly as it arrives.

I will have to google it in our area we have speciality stores and will certainly try it. Thank you so much for clarifying exactly what it is. smile

24. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years ago

What I would give for a McDonalds right now! smile

25. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 14 years ago

On the occasions that I feel like clogging my arteries I tend to lean towards Carls Jr. But Mcdonalds still has the best fries.

McDonald's certainly does have the best fries! Whataburger has yummy shakes and A&W has the best Cheeseburgers and RootBeer floats! To think I just had lunch, thank god my stomach is not grumbly, lolololo big_smile

26. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

For me it is McDonald's fries or no fries, but I have a song for you all, that tickles my innards. It's called "American Fast food" Pardon the long intro it is so worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIX1qOlDc_0

27. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

For burgers, fast food: Whataburger. I prefer Becks Prime and Fuddruckers.

I love fried chicken the best! Churches, Popeyes and KFC. I hate the service at KFC.

28. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 14 years ago

McD fell out of favor for me years ago, now I prefer Arby's roast beef
      If I'm looking for a sub, we have a Milio's that I like much better than Subway.

29. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Fast food burger.....Definitely WhatABurger whenever I go to Texas. There are none here in Arkansas. Here...Andy's or Burger King. Would have said, DQ Burgers, but those have disappeared now except for the one in Hot Springs.

30. blondepoet profile image68

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/3/vknwlnq.jpg

Ohhh this is outrageous!!!!!

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No sauce is gonna cover up that stank. big_smile

I wonder if they are expensive? I only have $3.50 in small change. Left my purse at home.

2. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

F*&k......an anus burger....see what did I tell you....I'm cooking my own S*&t in my own kitchen!!

Wow Wayne you know how to cook those things? Oh please do share the recipe.

1. waynet profile image68
            waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha ....just been sick!!!

and again... http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sick/sick0006.gif

3. drej2522 profile image68

hehe...Angus burger...I say they should've just made the Triple Big Mac

I'm hungry...Dammit!

lol....Anus Burger.....is this a reference to where those fries and hamburgers settle.....

31. europewalker profile image80
      europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Quiznos for fast food and I prefer home made burgers

32. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

I'm telling you, if you ever get a chance to try Mos Burger you will never look at McDonald's and the like the same way again!

33. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years ago

McHokeys!!!!     lol

34. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Hardee's.  They are innovative and are keeping it real with their subtle commercials.

35. Betty Reid profile image60
      Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

I like Wendy's.  I like their 99 cent Junior Bacon Cheeseburger and small French Fries.  Jack in the Box is okay, but Wendy's has better-tasting Diet-Coke.  I think Jack in the Box has a bit more variety, such as fried jalepenos.

36. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

hi cosette! yes, they do have great VERY hot coffee. I've never had their pancakes.

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pancakes?? Delicious!

2. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

they are light and spongey and really good, and their coffee is as good as Starbucks. you guys, i highly recommend them. their hash browns are greasy though and their breakfast sandwiches are too salty but you can't go wrong with their pancakes and coffee :p

p.s. i went to an IHOP once and their pancakes were horrible yikes

37. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UPPOli6SK9c/R3wzkjQebVI/AAAAAAAAAVs/oaH_trIKYsc/s400/Whataburger001.jpg

Whataburger! (Very Texan...and very good fast-food burgers!)

Now that is a very old building, Wow!!! smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
          manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep...It's a classic. How's it going, AE?

Considering all that has been happening in my life lately, I would say overallit has been going o.k. smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
              Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

<-----been missing you AE...

I miss her too Mikel.

2. AEvans profile image70

Thank you I have been missing you too! I will be focusing on hubpages a little more this week, mom has been very ill as many of you know she is fighting cancer so we almost lost her last week. She is back home now, she is a weak but she is a fighter. smile

So tell me your favorite, Mickey D's Or? smile

38. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years ago

bleh Whataburger!...too many drunken night experiences there! hehe

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You and me both!

2. profile image0
        Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Hm, definitely love Mickey D's for their chicken sandwiches, pancakes, and Oreo McFlurries!

Then again, Wendy's definitely has the best french fries. Pair them off with a chocolate Frostee on a hot summer day and it's a great treat.

But THEN you've got Hardee's with their AWESOME roast beef sandwiches.

Arby's has great roast beef too, but they also have those awesome curly fries.

Ooh, but Burger King has the most DELICIOUS chicken sandwiches. Plus, they have these great single servings of pie.

Wow... I spend too much time eating fast food. Never really liked Subway though. Their bread always tastes stale to me, but might just be the Subways around here.

3. lnhula profile image60
        lnhulaposted 14 years ago

I vowed never to eat at McDonald's again after viewing the documentary "Super Size Me" my 10th grade year in World History Class.  That lasted up until about this year when I discovered Chicken Biscuits. But those are still about the only thing I will eat and very sparingly.  Though it may not be considered fast food and its a bit on the expensive side, Panera is the way to go. Everything is fresh and it tastes super delicious.

4. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I don't do burgers...not for the past 6-7 years. I do hit Taco Bell about once a month.. My biggest food downfall is pizza and beer...Mainly from a place called "Old Chicago"..I love the thin crust pizza there...soooo tasty. Their sauce is different than other places...too yummy!! Damn..now I want some! The closest one is like 25 miles from here. sad

I don't know how people can resist pizza, honestly...to quote a great movie, (in a childish voice) "I like pizza." ~ Multiplicity

5. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I love preservatives.  Run on 'em.  My favorite fast food joint around here (Cochise County, Arizona) is actually Carl's Jr.  When we were so broke all last summer, they had "two chilidogs for $3" that did the trick during more than one trip to the pawn shop.

6. theirishobserver. profile image62
        theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

My Kitchen - Irish Stew smile

7. World Marketing profile image40
        World Marketingposted 14 years ago

white castle

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)