Favorite Potato Chips

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (54 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Right now I am snacking on some Maui Onion, Maui Style chips and they are oh so good. 

What's your favorite chip?

1. Cathi Sutton profile image67
      Cathi Suttonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sun Chips which come in compostable bags.  "You eat the chips.  The earth eats the bag"!!!

2. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Occasionally,crispy potatos and onion chips. I would like to maintain my BMI.smile

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Not one for eating them as a rule but when I get that 'gotta eat some crisps' feeling, it's plain ones for me. Boring huh?!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well do they have salt on them?

3. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I don't like potato chips (crisps).  It might sound crazy, but it's true.

I do like potatoes, though.

1. profile image0

Well potato crisp aren't for everyone.  Good thing too cause if I was eating my savory chips in front of you and you asked for some I would say, "back up sista, get your own!" 

lol big_smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather have some mashed potatoes (made with skim milk... cream hurts my tummy) or big oven-baked wedges sprinkled with paprika.... mmmmmmmmmmmm.

1. profile image0

That does sound really good.  Ever had garlic fries made with real garlic?

YES!  I can't get enough garlic.  LOVE it. (Fortunately, my partner does too.)

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Lays' Sour Cream and Onion, all time favorite. smile

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I used to eat chips often, but not so much anymore.... if I do, I love those 'dirty chips.' yum..

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Oh, I just got this.. just heard about it anyways.  Sun Chips now package their chips in biodegradable bags made from plants.  I guess after two months the bag completely dissolves.  Neat huh!

http://vodpod.com/watch/1612436-the-gre … geographic

7. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I like the ones with potato in them!!

8. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Ummm...umm...I have to pick just one? oh that is cruel Sandra just cruel lol

okay...so let me think...I love Salt and Vinegar and Sun Chips French Onion...

1. profile image0

That was unfair wasn't it.

I love salt and vinegar chips too.  Oh and jalapeno, dill and mesquite bbq chips.  I should prolly go for the baked chips because they are better for you but I just cannot bring myself to love baked chips.  I love the oily, crispy, salty, crunchy texture enough to kill me. big_smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you! oily, crispy, salty, and crunchy chips taste way better than the baked chips. big_smile

9. pddm67 profile image60
    pddm67posted 14 years ago

My favorite comes in a purple or orange bag, I think they're called Deli Chips and they are jalapeno flavored - yummy.

10. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

I love Pringles Cheese and Chives flavor to die for.....jimmy

I found it funny, when living in the UK, the "cheese and chives" thing.  In the States, we don't have that flavor.  We have sour cream & onion instead... which, at least when I lived there, y'all didn't have up there!

11. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Oh you two (Maddie and Sandra) are mean talking about garlic fries...my mouth is watering now! lol

12. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

sour cream and onion, baby!! yummmm!

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh you are the man they are my favorite too.

13. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

LoL Maddie, we have it now pringles do that flavor too, but i prefer the slightly milder cheese and Chives.....jimmy

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Prawn cocktail flavour pringles are great, 90 in one tube, I'll take 5 tubes!!!!!

14. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Ruffles regular potato chips I know it sounds boring but I love my chips with dips. lolololo smile

15. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Salt & vinegar, or peppered home made chips by Mark & Spencer, London

16. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My homemade chips are the best.  Store bought, toss up between Pringles plain & Old Dutch plain.  I generally don't buy them!

You make your own chips? Oh wow.

17. ambieca profile image61
    ambiecaposted 14 years ago

Oooh i love doritos!! cant buy them too often, they wont stay around long.  My daughter has inherited this preference as well! LOL

18. GreyMoon profile image60
    GreyMoonposted 14 years ago

Any mentioned Hedgehog flavour crisps yet? Mmmm prickly and a real flavour honest smile

Geez the only thing we have prickly in Australia is bindys in the grass.

1. profile image61
        logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are they any good? smile

Only if a handsome guy like you picks them out if my feet smile

19. ConradM profile image59
    ConradMposted 14 years ago

Anything kettle cooked is awesome.

20. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

I do not eat chips often, but you can not beat JONES brand potato chips made in Mansfield, OH..

any flavor or style is awesome..too bad it is such a small company..

21. Nambahu profile image77
    Nambahuposted 14 years ago

anything with chilly flavour is good.

22. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Dortios and those blue corn chips. Mmm.

1. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep, i love doritos. my fav. is the cool ranch.

23. profile image0
    sophsposted 14 years ago

Sea Salt and balsamic vinegar kettle chips!! Mmmmmmmmm smile
    Or chili heatwave Dorito's smile

24. taganisted profile image61
    taganistedposted 14 years ago

Aaahh chilli heatwave doritos, i love them. otherwise prawn cocktail walkers.

25. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 14 years ago

The ones I buy the most are plain original Lay's.  They taste good, don't have any weird ingredients, and I can buy them in small packages (because I will eat the whole bag, no matter how big or small it is).  The chips I enjoy the most, however, are Cap Cod Sea Salt and Vinegar - yum.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love salt and vinegar, can't get them here in France so now I wolf down paprika instead (Crispy Croc.)

26. profile image53
    probafixposted 14 years ago

Lays

27. sarovai profile image74
    sarovaiposted 14 years ago

Crispy potatoe chip I like, with bit of spicy. tongue

28. Sweetkisses9187 profile image70
    Sweetkisses9187posted 14 years ago

I eat chips that are fat free. There is a kind around me, that i buy at the store. they are fat free, and actually i can't tell a difference between regular and them. They are really good.

29. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Just give me the Regular Lays potato chips!!!!!

30. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Charles Chips - more for the nostalgia than the flavor.  They used to come home-delivered in a metal tub.

31. BradsRawChips profile image60
    BradsRawChipsposted 13 years ago

Most of those suggestions sound like heart attacks in a bag. Anybody else like to grub out on healthy chips?

32. Christene profile image61
    Christeneposted 13 years ago

Cape Cod Classic

33. Sara555 profile image69
    Sara555posted 13 years ago

lays potato chips, sun chips, and pringles!!!!!!!!

34. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

Only one chip was good - New Era, which went out of distribution here in the 1960s. The image on the bag and can was one partial female silhouette by the 1960s and a blurb about being healthy. The 1930s cans had action silhouettes as well. I think the chips were fried in peanut oil.

35. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

My choice of Potato Chips comes from Nottingham, Pennsylvania and Jim Herr makes them.  Herr's Potatoe Chips

36. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 13 years ago

The best potatoe chips ever made are Utz. They are delicious.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)