jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

feed my addiction

1. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i'm totally addicted to chocolate, sugar and anything sweet. i know it's unhealthy but even when i decide to get something healthy to snack on i wind up getting something unhealthy with it. then when i get home i feel guilty. so do any of you know a healthy food that will take away my addiction for the unhealthy? how do i eat right when my brain pulls me two ways? i need serious advice. the addiction is just to strong. it kind of makes me feel like an alcoholic but with junk food instead.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like a little piece of crystallized ginger to feed my need for something sweet once in a while-- maybe eat it with a few almonds and a little piece of dark chocolate-- all three of them are good for you in small quantities.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image80
      TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Rochelle's suggestion is a good one. There are things that are sweet that are good for you (i.e., good, ripe fruits and berries). Switch the majority of your "bad" sweets for "good" ones and limit your consumption of the "bad" ones...So, have a handful of strawberries and just a piece or two of chocolate. Or make some really yummy trail mix with hints of sweetness surrounded by grains and nuts and dried fruit. The possibilities are endless. big_smile

Good luck! smile

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I like sugar-free yogurt, sugar-free low fat ice cream, and sugar-free pudding made with skim milk. Something else that's good: apple slices with sugar-free caramel sauce. You can buy the sauce at Walmart.

3. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

It's not the food it's your mindset.  You have to be your own master.

You are not addressing a true addiction if you are substituting.

If it's a real problem look for people that can help you correct the underlying cause.