jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

soya

1. sarovai profile image67
    sarovaiposted 7 years ago

Nowadays soya is regarded as one of proteineous food item. Are you using soya? What are the benefits we get from soya?

1. Corin profile image60
      Corinposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm using all soya foods (milk, beans, tofu...) for my mom used to cook it. So it's kind of a habit...
      Some benefits of soya: reduction of cholesterol, easing of menopause symptoms, prevention of osteoroposis

sarovaiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

welcome corin. but my soya intake is comparably very less.

2. GALAXY 59 profile image85
    GALAXY 59posted 7 years ago

I use soya milk in drinks and to make sauces etc. Some contain added omega 3 too, which is great.

This omega3 protects us from cancer. Is it not?

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image90
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 7 years ago

Before introducing soya into your diet, I strongly advise you to do a bit of research about possible negative effects of soya. 

If you run an Google search "Dr Mercola +soya", for example, you'll find information which suggests soya may be rather harmful to health, rather than a benefit to it as is popularly believed.

Is it so. Thank u for the advice. Let me check.

4. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 7 years ago

I am a vegetarian, however, I keep my soy/tofu intake low. Why? Just about any food in excess is a bad thing.

Personally, when I ate too much soy products I'd get lightheaded, and felt like my memory was not as sharp.

I am 23 and was getting a little worried. So, I kept my soy-intake to 2-3 times a week, replaced my soy milk with almond milk, and kept my tofu at the restaurants...voila, I'm back to normal.

Otherwise, soy products never were too tantalizing to me, and by cutting it out it made me learn recipes and to cook better as a vegetarian. smile

Welcome torimari. Your experience and AdelecosegroveBrey's advice gives me alarm using soya.

5. Csjun89 profile image72
    Csjun89posted 7 years ago

Soya isn't for everyone, there are pros and cons, not everyone react well to it

1. alternate poet profile image64
      alternate poetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My Chinese partner cooks up her own from the beans - it is nice enough for me if she cooks it with about 5% maize (dried chopped sweet corn) - she drinks gallons, maybe it is this that makes her so beuatiful ? big_smile

Beauty Vs Soya. Nice.

2. sarovai profile image67

welcome Csjun, but soya is recommended for one and all irrespective age groups. Strongly agree with you , when it comes for changing of food habit.

working