jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Favorite Holiday Food/Drink?

1. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 6 years ago

If you could only pick a single holiday food or drink, what would it be?

When I was a young kid I hated Eggnog, but then over the years I developed a taste for it. Now each Christmas season I need to load up on a few gallons of the eggy goodness!

What about you?

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

well....just got back home from enjoying the Canadian May long weekend (in the US) - and for some reason I love to have a Corona (or 2 or 3) - reminds me of hot weather, lots of laughs, friends, etc....and the May long weekend kicks off the season for pre-summer time fun.

3. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

It would have to be Tongan 'otai which is a watermelon drink usually enjoyed during holidays and when watermelons are plentiful. You mix in coconut milk, sugar and sometimes pineapple. It is delicious.

1. Anolinde profile image89
      Anolindeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow .. that sounds delicious, Elayne!  Would love to try it one day smile  BTW, which holiday?

4. Anolinde profile image89
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

One of my favorites that I just recently got hooked on is Japanese amazake (literally, sweet sake or rice wine) which is made from fermented rice.  You can drink it hot or cold -- I like them both ways, but since it's usually drunk during the new year's holidays, it's better when hot.  They also have the non-alcoholic version for the Girl's Day festival on March 3rd.  Very yummy! *drools* big_smile

5. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

It starts with a P and ends with a N, it has 5 letters.
    LMAO if anyone knows BP the answer is obvious ...........
    They have big eyes and I am pretty sure I have been called one myself at times. smile smile

6. Simple Tim profile image60
    Simple Timposted 6 years ago

Definately Pumpkin pie, eggnog, and fruit cake..just  three treats I look forward to!