jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What type of recipe would you like to have?

1. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

As it is almost time for the Food Contest to begin, I would like to ask you if you have a recipe for a type of food, ingredient or dietary restriction that you would like to have.

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily the recipe, but the how-to to make an omelet?

Maybe I'm just dumb about it,  but I can't figure out how to make an omelet look right;  I end up with something that looks like a cross between scrambled eggs and over-easy.  haha   Well not quite that bad;  but I'm certainly not skilled at it.

2. Anolinde profile image88
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

I'm always stumped on what to cook for breakfast, so breakfast recipes would be great for me smile

3. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

I'd just like to be more inventive in the kitchen.  I seem to run through the same 12 to 15 meal items with variations.  I envy people who can whip up the most delicious tasting and looking meals from almost nothing..even leftovers.  It's not like I'm lazy.  I always make something fresh for dinner at least, very rarely relying on any packaged items.

4. TLMinut profile image62
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

A recipe that can turn a bunch of vegetables, maybe even some meat, and turn it into an actual dish instead of just a bowl of food thrown in together.

5. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

@ Anolinde - Breakfast is good.  I'll see what I can come up with.

@ Timorous - Cooking, creativity and experimentation are all elements of cooking.  This is how new recipes come about!

@ TLMinut - It's really all in the presentation!  A bowl of food all smashed together can look quite appetizing if presented properly.  Just think about chilli -- beans, ground meat, tomato, tomato sauce, sweet peppers -- all mixed and cooked together but add a salad and a slice of fresh French baguette, and voila!  Instant appeal!  Maybe I'll share my secret chilli recipe....  Tempt me, and I just might!

6. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

A really outstanding Taco Salad!