jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

counting calories right?????lets see... : )

1. lissajean profile image61
    lissajeanposted 6 years ago

For once I understand how to read the back the nutrition facts. Lol yay!...ok so i was under the impression that if a bag of chips contains 150 calories(that would be all I was consuming)..ummm wrong!..My mom showed me today that you have to multiply the servings per container by the calories. hold on let me go get the bag.....ok so yeah I was right so you multiply your calories by the serving per container. For instance in  the kettle brand potato chips "backyard barbeque" it has 150 calories the serving per container is 5....the whole bag contains "drum roll" 750 calories(i know right shocker)...to get 150 calories you would have to eat about 13 chips..who eats 13 chips???right...so be careful because I thought a 150 calories was listed for the whole bag.....but i wasnt tripping because I am sort of trying to gain a little weight....lol

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The only need of counting calories are for those who cannot control their own weight. Otherwise, it's meaningless. smile

lissajeanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you think?..humm never thought about it that way!! lol

3. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago

Good looking Lissajean!

To determine your exact calorie intake:

1.3 Cal x 12 hours x desired weight.
    For me, I need 3,120 calories a day for normal health.

To see how much energy you use or need to use:
    multiply .00035 calories p/sec x desired weight. Mine is 252 cal per/hour that I burn during normal activity.

lissajeanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thnks bro!

1. manthy profile image82
        manthyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its very hard to get an accurate count on calorie intake, I just think it is nearly impossible but I wish you the best ;0)

2. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank u for the calculative information.smile

4. donotfear profile image88
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

Well, it looks like I need 1,950 calories a day. I probablly go way over it but I count my WEight Wathcher points. 

I can't get the calories to burn thing. When I got my answer, it was .04375.   I guess that means I should burn 458 calories per hour to get my ideal weight? (125 lbs)