jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

In search of a 5 minutes recipe for my nephews!

1. mjawedr profile image40
    mjawedrposted 6 years ago

Which is the best 5 minute recipe for children, My nephews are here on vacations and I have work to go to ..so I need help!

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
      Glenn Raymondposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What do they like?  I would suggest a quick "wrap" type sandwhich with cream cheese spread on the wrap, followed by turkey, ham or smoked salmon, some greens, pickles or cucumbers, tomatoe and a tiny bit of ranch dressing.  You can slice tomatoes days ahead and refrigerate them.  The meat is already prepped and you can get those bags of already mixed salad.

Another good one is cottage cheese with drained, canned fruit and a few chopped nuts added.

I wish you the best of luck.

2. Cagsil profile image85
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You do realize you are not suppose to cook children? lol

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

What about Bagel Pizzas?

Split bagels, spoon on some pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce (add herbs or spices as you wish), sprinkle on a lot of grated mozzarella, and top with whatever they choose - pepperoni, pre-sauteed ground beef, onions, olives, mushrooms, etc.

Grill under the broiler until cheese is toasted and bubbly, but watch carefully.  The time required depends on the distance of the broiler shelf from broiler elements.

3. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Stuffed Bell Peppers? You can put Rice, Baked beans, Cous Cous inside and even hide some nutritious things inside wink

4. mjawedr profile image40
    mjawedrposted 6 years ago

thank you all!! you guys are great smile

5. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Get a selection of prepared food (or they can help with the preparation) on a really nice plate + some pizza bases, bagels or whatever else the children like. 

They then make their own selection and assemble their own pizza/toasty etc which you grill.

They LOVE the involvement!