jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

home made fondant to decorate a cake

1. madeline cubero profile image60
    madeline cuberoposted 6 years ago

heres a great way ,and easy to do fondant at home just  put some marshmellows usually a cup of mini marshmellows, put in the microwave for about a minute, it has to melt completly, then addthe melt marshmellows to powder sugar enough to make it a hard dough the powder sugar shoul be in a big bowl at least 1 1/2 cup but add more if you see is not hard enough, when is already hard enough you just make a ball and on a table sprinkle some sugar powder and put the fondant there strech the fondant using a wooden roll  these is good for a 9 inch round cake, hope you like it.

1. 60
      rakeithaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, always wanted to know how to make  fondant.  This seems simple and easy to make.

2. WriteAbout profile image59
      WriteAboutposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sound simple, thanks! I would love to try baking/decorating with fondant- looks so elegant yet complicated.

3. RNMSN profile image89
      RNMSNposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will show this to my daughter shes in pastry class this quarter and was looking for an easy fondant recipe!!! thank you very much!!!

2. pageantgirl31413 profile image88
    pageantgirl31413posted 6 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been searching for this for a long time.

3. 59
    supermom80posted 6 years ago

to make a larger amount use a whole bag of mini marshmellows and a whole bag of icing sugar. Keep some vegetable shortening on hand to grease your hands, it gets very sticky. Make sure you remove all jewelery too so you dont get fondant stuck in them. To colour the fondant use gel or powdered food colour, liquid makes the fondant too sticky. You can save the fondant by wrapping tightly in plastic wrap and storing in the fridge. It must remain air-tight or it will harden. Keeps about 2 weeks if stored properly.