jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

how to prepare pasta with vegetables?

1. sarovai profile image59
    sarovaiposted 6 years ago

I tried with the recipe they give in pockets. But I never felt tasty. Can anybody share pasta with veg recipe?

1. lizmoss71 profile image61
      lizmoss71posted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/Super-Healthy-S … -Bolognese

This hub gives a bolognese recipe using lots of veg - don't know if that is any help.

sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Anyhow thank u for the information.

2. Betty Reid profile image61
    Betty Reidposted 6 years ago

Cook the pasta according to the instructions.  Drain the water.  Add oil, vegetables, and seasoning to the pot.  Continue heating until vegetables are cooked how you want them.  You might start with olive oil, mushrooms, squash, and garlic.

Thank u Betty Reid , it looks pretty good and easy to prepare. Let me try.

3. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

Boil the noodles with salt.  Throw a noodle up onto the ceiling, and if it sticks they are done.  Next get a pan, olive oil, fried tomato, eggplant, basil, and garlic.  Throw on some fresh grated Parmesan and your set.

wow ediggity nice recipe.

2. lizmoss71 profile image61
      lizmoss71posted 6 years ago in reply to this

How do you get the noodle down from the ceiling?!

But otherwise, sounds good.

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...love a creamy sauce with noodles and veggies (and fresh noodles are my fav - one day i'll take the time to figure out how to make them)

5. jennshealthstore profile image87
    jennshealthstoreposted 6 years ago

Mixing any kind of cream soup like cream of mushroom and then adding peas and carrots is really good.

One of my favorites is: Boil spaghetti, fry some stir fry veggies. Then heat a little sesame oil in a pan, once hot add spaghetti and veggie. Add some soy sauce to make it brown. You can even put chicken in it to make it like chicken low mein. It is really good. I actually put a lot of sesame oil, but you do not have to.

6. Maria Cecilia profile image80
    Maria Ceciliaposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/No-Meat-Pasta

hope I can help you with that, my pasta recipes no meat are simple and quick to prepare

7. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 6 years ago

I gently stir-fry veggies while my pasta boils in another pot.  When the pasta is almost done, I drain it and then toss it in the pan with the veggies to finish and soak up flavor.

8. Leenie Pooh profile image61
    Leenie Poohposted 6 years ago

One of my fave quick and easy pasta recipes is to defrost frozen spinach (don't drain it) and stir it into cooked pasta with some wedges of Laughing Cow cheese. Reheat and stir until all is well blended. This makes a low calorie, low fat, mock Pasta Alfredo.

9. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I have a hub on how to make pasta sauce from  fresh or tinned tomatoes you can use the basic sauce recipe with any vegetables you like.

The recipe is suitable for vegetarians as long as you do not serve it with Parmesan cheese, vegetarians would need a substitute cheese because of the rennet in the Italian cheese.

It explains about the pasta needing to be al dente too.

working