Can you cook a nice dinner in 15 minutes? No tricks.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 55 discussions (68 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I was thinking, is it possible to cook a nice dinner in 15 minutes? Not a TV-dinner, something real, that needs preparation, not reheating. Any ideas? I am so tired of spending my late evenings in the kitchen, but I HATE sandwitches!

1. profile image0
      BloodAndRosesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

put some Basmati rice to cook. it takes 20 minutes to cook. while the rice is cooking, take out two boneless, skinless chicken breasts and butterfly them. heat a grill pan with some olive oil. garlicsalt and pepper the chicken breasts and cook them for 6 minutes on each side; cover and remove from heat. you still have three minutes left, so sautee a chopped onion in a skillet with some olive oil and frozen green beans for one minute. add 1/4 cup of water, cover and let simmer until the rice dings, which makes them crisp-tender. fluff the rice with a fork and serve a fresh, hot healthful dinner that took 20 minutes.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cut up some already thawed chicken thighs toss it in a pan, chop up some broccoli, toss it in with it.  Put some garlic in, salt, pepper and a splash of chicken broth. Serve over rice.  Viola!  10 minutes tops.  big_smile

3. weeyo profile image61
      weeyoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A low country boil is pretty quick-
      Red potatoes and Old Bay Seasoning boiled for 5 mins
      Add andouille sausage (cut in 2 inch pieces) and ears of corn (halved)
      Cook about 10 more mins
      Toss in some shrimp and cook til shrimp are pink (couple of mins)
      Drain and serve with cocktail sauce.
      Might take 20 mins or so, but you'll save time on cleanup since it's all cooked in one pot smile

4. Freya Cesare profile image78
      Freya Cesareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Check this site. Maybe it can help you little bit. smile

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Dinner-in-a … etail.aspx

5. GurlShonny profile image60
      GurlShonnyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I understand how you feel. Being a wife & mother of 5, cooking can take forever.

I start my day by thawing out any meat that I will make for the next day. If meat is completely thawed out later that day then I go back and marinate it & put it back in the refrigerator for the next day.

Write out a mini-menu for what you will serve the next day. You can do this either day by day or for the whole week (I do the whole week).

*For example: baked chicken, steamed white rice, rolls & string beans.
      (Preparing each meal either day by day or week by week saves you time in the long run.)

So now on the day of the meal - you have your meat already thawed out & seasoned. Now all you have to do is decided how you want to cook your meat. If you are like me & don't like to sit over the stove turning meat for 15 to 20 minutes, so I bake all of my meats.
      Baking is easier & healthier and with the meat already thawed out, it should only take 30-45 minutes to cook (depending on the meat & the energy of your oven).

Now I know your probably already saying, "I want a meal in 15 minutes & not 30-45." I will be honest with you...I have tried the 15 minute meal deals & not all of them are what they seem. When you have a large family like mines and you want a hearty meal, sometimes an extra 30 minutes is required.

So now your meat is in the oven & cooking.
      Next are your side dishes. I recommend rice. And if you have a rice cooker then you are in really good shape. A rice cooker can cook up to 4-6 cups of rice in 15 minutes. What I do to give flavor to my rice is cook it in chicken broth & a little bit of olive oil poured directly into the rice cooker.
      Next, I throw on a can or a bag of frozen string beans, corn or brocoli (any kind of vegetable should do). By the time the rice & the veggies are done you should only have to wait about 20 more minutes or so for your meat to finish baking & then dinner is ready to be served.

A meal in 15 minutes??? Well not exactly, however it all depends on your family size, the sources and the energy of the sources that you are using, and your techniques & preperations. "Can a meal in 15 minutes be done?" to answer your question. Yes it can, but maybe for a party of 2 that don't have much of an appetite wink

2. Chaotic Chica profile image59
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

Fifteen minutes is a stretch, twenty is more doable, thirty is a definate.  If you are talking about 'from scratch' in it's purist form, the prep time usually takes the better part, if not more than, fifteen minutes.  Also there is a difference between a one pot dish and a three course meal. 

For example, if you had frozen popcorn chicken, corn (canned or frozen), instant mashed potatoes, and and brown gravy mix, you could heat the chicken in the oven while preparing the other three, none of which would take longer than twenty minutes, then layer it in a bowl and you have a 'homemade' version of one of the bowl meals at KFC.

Then there is 'poor man's chicken parmesean' which requires oven-heating frozen chicken patties with a slice of mozarella cheese melted on top, heating up some red pasta sauce and serving it with a veggie or carb of your choice and garlic bread that can be cooking with the chicken.

There are a TON of thirty minute or less options that require what you have on hand plus a good helping of creativity! smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When you are tired,  the creativity kind of goes somewhere else, and I do not need KFC or its version, I need a real meal.
      So, I guess, back to the kitchen, woman!

1. GurlShonny profile image60
        GurlShonnyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Homegirl, for the most part that's what it's going to be, especially if you have a husband & kids. Like I stated in my comment; those 15 minute meals are over rated and only apply for the low appetites for a party of 2. Get cha cook on woman, your family will love you for it smile

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Salad, microwave baked potato, and a steak pan-broiled in an iron skillet. Boiled shrimp are quick and easy, too. Shrimp and fish fillets cook in just a few minutes on a Foreman Grill.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

What I am having tonight will only take about 15 minutes. Fresh squash-filled ravioli with pasta sauce. I'll probably have garlic bread with it.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oooh, never tried squash in ravioli before - sounds great.  Italian is definitely the way to go if you want to cook something tasty and you haven't got much time, IMO.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a fan of squash but the pasta is very good.

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

What we've having for dinner tonight won't take any prep at all. We're going to a seafood buffet! lol

6. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Home-made pesto:

1. Put kettle on to boil water
    2. Toast about 100g of pine nuts by dry frying them (they should go a bit golden brown around the edges)
    3. Cook spaghetti in the boiled water from step 1
    4. In a blender, blitz the pine nuts, a tablespoon of good quality olive oil, a couple of olives (optional), a crushed garlic clove, a small handful of grated Parmesan, a small handful of fresh basil and a small handful of rocket leaves/baby spinach leaves. 
    5. Serve the pesto from step 4 with the spaghetti.

Takes about fifteen minutes.

7. ediggity profile image59
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Hot Dog
    Microwave
    1:30
    Bam.....dinner

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

egg and chips take less than 15 minutes to cook smile

9. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Bake cheese on toast... serve with fresh green salad and tomatoes with some balsamic vinegar! Serve with a nice glass of wine and a charming smile. Hopefully should go down well! wink

1. profile image0

I take Basmati rice and pesto, thanks, BloodandRoses, thanks, EmpressFelicity, I am out in search for chicken brests on sale. Today is Friday, should find some.

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome... if you've got a freezer, it's well worth buying several packs and freezing the ones you're not going to use straight away.  Makes a really handy standby.

I also love making chicken risottos, stir fries and curries using chopped up chicken breasts, which can simply be chucked in raw once the curry/risotto is underway (i.e. once you've added some stock).

10. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

That Pop Corn is pretty Good smile

12 mins to find it in the Supermarket
    02 mins to Nuke it

Wow..... 1 min to spare if you make a mistake roll

Or
    Actually Make a Lassagne, or similar pasta dish
    Look at my recipe for lamb chops - that takes 16 mins sad - sorri.

So So many things you can make.... and most of all.. you will probably enjoy doing it as much as eating it. hmm

That's Actually how I started and learnt to cook... I got sick of the Pop Corn! lol

11. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

stir fry is quick easy and nutritional..
    any leftovers and a little oil in a wok can create wonders!big_smile

1. Sunny_S profile image60
      Sunny_Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup so true

12. Studio E profile image58
    Studio Eposted 13 years ago

Go to McDonalds and get yourself a happy meal after that you will be cooking your own meals in 5 minutes or less. no joke :!

13. Tony Flanigan profile image60
    Tony Flaniganposted 13 years ago

Food can be made in next to no time. A really good meal takes time, attention and love in the preparation.

For a quickie, instant noodles work well every time, and then tart it up with microwave nuked nushrooms, or bacon, or viennas (I think they're called frenkfurtes in the USA)

14. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Warm Cous-cous salad.  Cook cous cous, add in a variety of fresh veggies & Italian dressing.

Grill - just about anything in less than 15 minutes.

15. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

This is a favorite summertime dish in my house, and is definitely 15 minutes or less.

Cook up some penne or fusilli in a big pot of boiling salted water. While the pasta is cooking, heat up a skillet with some olive oil and a couple of cloves of minced garlic. Toss in about 3 cups of cherry tomatoes (either whole or halved) with some salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat, smashing the tomatoes with a fork while they cook to make a chunky sauce.

As soon as the pasta is ready, drain (reserve about a cup of the water though). Add the sauce, some chopped or torn basil leaves and about 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh mozzerella (not the hard, rubbery stuff) cut into small cubes. Toss the whole lot, and add a bit of the pasta water if the pasta is too dry.

Serve with some nice crusty bread. YUM!

16. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

I love George Foreman grills!!!! While I'm grilling chicken, steak, whatever, I peel and slice some carrots, stick them in a microwavable glass dish with a little bit of water and cook for a few minutes. They come out tasting steamed.

While that's going, I cook my favorite side dish: braised greens. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped braising greens (mustard greens, collard greens, spinach, kale, etc.) Sauté. Add garlic powder (to taste) and enough chicken broth to cover. Then add a few tbsp of red wine vinegar, to taste. Bring to a rapid boil. Turn down heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes and they taste like they've been simmering all day long! Sooo good.

That's my 15 minute meal that I eat almost every night! smile Don't forget, you can always cook side dishes in advance. I make two cups of brown rice every four days and eat 1/2 a cup with my lunch. For my braised greens, I make a bunch at once and simply reheat.

You could also find some fresh pesto that is premade and simply mix that with some cooked pasta. Steam some veggies (broccoli goes great with pesto), sprinkle some freshly grated parmesan and you're good to go. I once added kidney beans to pesto pasta with broccoli and sautéed it all; actually tasted incredible.

17. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Almost every Chinese dish takes less than fifteen minutes to cook and they are nicely balanced, nutritional and tasty.  Supergirl here in my kitchen can put three different dishes on the table in under 20 minutes - normally.  Occasionally something special can take longer but that is usually because I cook that and it will invariably be a western dish.

18. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

I think Noodle and Soup.. its best in 15 mins.

19. Gypsy48 profile image75
    Gypsy48posted 13 years ago

Quick simple chili

cook 1 pound lean ground beef
    add 1 can beans (chili beans, kidney beans or whatever beans you like
    add 1 package chili mix
    add 1 can hunts diced tomatoes with green peppers,celery and onions

It takes me less than 15 minutes to put this together, nothing fancy or gourmet but tastes good and is quick to make.

20. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

with most meals preparation takes time and late in the evening after a hard day you can't be bothered. I think we have all been there.While your cooking one meal prep some ingredients for tomorrows dinner and keep doing that. We have onions, garlic a little chilli/ or ginger and mushrooms with chopped up tomatoes cooked and left to cool. Its dead easy then to add a piece of chicken 20 mins- ish then cover with the sauce-add a jacket potatoe or rice- bingo. Or add the sauce to any pasta add a green salad.

21. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

One of the judges in the recent Cooking Hub contest was a woman who is an Australian food blogger, and her specialty is "5 ingredients, 10 minutes."

The blog is The Stone Soup.  I've been playing around with her new, free e-cookbook, and I have to say I've had some great and fast dinners this past week.  Which is just the thing in summer time too.

1. profile image0

Thanks, relache, it's interesting.

22. deemariabee profile image55
    deemariabeeposted 13 years ago

Delicious 15 minute dinner recipe:

Chop or prepare a couple of veggies on hand (such as zucchini, red pepper, onion, squash, spinach, peas, cauliflower, etc.) and saute in butter in a skillet.  Open can of garbozo beans and drain.  Boil pot of water with salt. Add curry powder, cumin, a small can of tomato puree, and a small amount of sugar to the veggies and butter in the skillet.  Throw the chickpeas in the boiling water and then dip them back out, saving the boiling water.  Throw garbanzo beans into veggie/butter/curry/ tomato mixture in skillet.  Add whole wheat cous cous to boiling water. Take off the flame and put the lid on the couscous pot.  Put a litle butter and/or chicken broth in the skillet with all the goodies. Add chopped fresh parsley or cilantro to the couscous.  Put couscous on plate, put veggie and garbanzo curry on top, and dinner is served!  Squirt a little real lemon juice on top if you feel like it. Make a little or a lot - just add more chickpeas, cous cous, or veggies for a bigger crowd.

23. sabrinaaq profile image60
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

Pasta with marinara sauce and garlic bread big_smile

24. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

I rarely spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen.  I cheat by buying food that's been partly prepared already.

I buy my rice in those ready-cooked packets that take only 90 seconds in the microwave.  I know they're more expensive but not having to cook the rice makes it much more likely that I'll cook a healthy meal!

I always have a good selection of frozen veg in the freezer - because they're snap frozen on the day they're picked, nutritionists say they're as good as fresh.

I also buy ready-cut beef, lamb and chicken strips so if I decide to do a stir-fry, I only have to defrost them and they're ready to go.

Finally I buy ready-mixed fresh herbs (in a tube) from the chiller section.

So my quick pick is stir-fry meat and vegetables with herbs and a dash of soy or oyster sauce, with either rice or noodles.  You'd be surprised how good 2-minute noodles taste (without the sauce sachet) when they're mixed in with meat and veg!

25. nifty@50 profile image68
    nifty@50posted 13 years ago

Get a spiral sliced ham, it can be warmed up in seconds in the microwave. Put  store bought biscuits in the oven (takes about 12 minutes) Include some baked beans ( I like to add bar-b-que sauce) it warms up in minutes on the stove or 45 seconds in the microwave. Sautee some onions, when onions are soft add mushrooms minced garlic add a little velveeta and green beans. Boil some water in a pan add a little milk add instant mashed potatoes.  In a about 12 minutes you can be eating a home made meal, Ham, green beans, baked beans and mashed potatoes with biscuits!

26. Sunny Robinson profile image72
    Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years ago

I tend to do a lot of prior prep the day before.  Normally I cut up my veggies and put them in little plastic bins and have them in the fridge.  So whenever I am ready to cook the next evening, they are there to be thrown into the pan or pot with whatever else that can be quickly cooked.  I also get super creative with my sandwiches.

For example, since I have most things prepped and stored, I will have lettuce, tomato, spicy wickles relishes (totally different, I promise), onions, cooked chicken strips, and the condiments, usually ketchup and mayo.

I guess it is a trick.  I mean, having prepared beforehand gives you chances to have other nights later down the road where you can quickly fix up your food.  Perhaps this wasn't the answer you were looking for...

27. leatherfootball profile image58
    leatherfootballposted 13 years ago

YES YOU CAN! For a side you can make applesauce which is super easy, I one worte a hub on it and basically all you have to do is slice up apples, put them in a saucepan over medium heat, and add a large pinch of cinnamon, healthy and delicious.  Also there are numerous shows on food network that have recipes with a time limit under 15 mins.

28. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

1 ripe avocado
    6 shrimp, peeled, devined
    1 package instant noodles
    1.5 cups broth

Mix the raw shrimp with soya sauce, salt and pepper.  Heat up a fry pan with a bit of oil.  On a separate burner, bring to boil the broth.  While waiting for these to heat, peel and pit the avocado.  Cut the avocado into bit size pieces and set aside.  Once the broth is boiling, add the noodles.  (don't use the msg package...that's bad for your health).  Add the shrimp to the frying pan.  Once they are translucent, they are cooked.  By this time, the noodles are too.  Pour the noodles and broth into a large bowl.  Place the avocado on top and the shrimp.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Dinner in 10 minutes.  smile

29. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I can cook in less than 15 minutes, but I enjoy cooking so much I always end up spending more time.

30. Tirzah Laughs profile image61
    Tirzah Laughsposted 13 years ago

Depends on what you mean by nice dinner.

Take a Boboli pre-baked crust, add pizza sauce, pepperoni, veggies and fresh cheese.

Pop in the oven.  Start to finish, done in 9 minutes.

Take Pepperidge Ridge Farms French Bread Rolls, cut in half.  Spritz with 0 calorie spray or rub with butter.  Put in the oven, spray side up.  Under the broiler, they brown in a minute or less.

Take out of the oven, add hot salsa, fresh cheese.  If you have time, dice up some fresh onion to sprinkle on or add any left over chicken you have from another meal (cooked chicken only).

Pop back in the oven until the cheese melts.

Salsa Rolls---done in less than six minutes.

Make Instant Mashed Potatoes---Follow directions on the box EXCEPT replace the liquid with condensed milk.   This will make them taste more real.

Open a package of gravy mix (sold at any grocery store) and pop in the microwave.   Just add water, stir and microwave.

Then pop in the oven a Tyson Chicken Fillet.  Usually you start the fillet first, it takes the longest too cook.  If you are in a hurry, defrost it first.

Then you  have chicken and mash poatoes/gravy.  Feel hungry still?  Add some microwaved green beans.

Want to spice it up?  Add garlic salt to the potatoes or sprinkle cheese on them.

31. Ruchira profile image73
    Ruchiraposted 13 years ago

I usually pressure cook some lentils and on the side make some rice. That takes approximately ~10 minutes. 5 minutes goes in garnishing the lentils and voila your complete dinner is ready which comprises of carbohydrates and proteins and a little bit of fat.

32. laughing loon profile image58
    laughing loonposted 13 years ago

Can you say chili dogs?  Stir fry. Depends on what supplies available.

33. MichelleArakaki profile image60
    MichelleArakakiposted 13 years ago

Yes, stir fry veggies

34. sagebrush_mama profile image60
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Breakfast for dinner is usually pretty quick. 

Omelets are a favorite with the kids, and the ingredients can be varied, and not too expensive.

35. matherese profile image59
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

Only when i am doing some ready steady cook meals, like some quick stir fry and steam rice

36. imatellmuva profile image77
    imatellmuvaposted 13 years ago

Yup! that's why I love my Foreman grill! It cooks beef/poultry and seafood all the way through in less than half the time of stove top or oven cooking.

One of my favortites is to cook salmon or chicken breasts on the Foreman grill, zap some 90 second Uncle Ben's rice in the microwave. I've already purchased a side salad from the salad bar at the market, and my dinner is ready in 15 minutes or less.

37. profile image0
    DinnerMomposted 13 years ago

When I like a dish, I make one to eat and freeze a few more so there is NO preparation necessary. Not everything, but most things freeze pretty well. Just add a salad or vege.

38. CennyWenny profile image72
    CennyWennyposted 13 years ago

Two words-slow cooker. Meat can be the labor intensive part of cooking, so throw it in a slow cooker and no worries. Then just saute veggie (10 mins tops) and make some rice and you're good to go. Also, if you throw a whole chicken in the slow cooker and then use the meat for things like tacos and curried chicken salad it's quick, wasy and delicious.

39. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Make rice - basmati is best, takes 15 minutes
    While rice is cooking, slice fresh vegetables - broccoli, celery, onion, thinly sliced or julienned carrot, sweet bell peppers, a few mushrooms
    Thinly slice one boneless-skinless chicken breast
    Saute chicken and onion (with sliced water chestnuts or jicama if you have either handy) in Sesame or Extra-virgin Olive oil for about 3 minutes, stirring to cook all sides
    Add sliced vegetables, a dash Hoisin sauce, two big glugs of low-sodium Soya sauce
    Stir fry together for about 3 min
    Add 1/2 cup chicken stock or water and cover
    Check rice and fluff with a fork, turn off heat under rice and leave covered
    Stir chicken and veggies and serve immediately over rice.
    Enjoy!

If cooking rice adds too much time to your meal, add extra vegetables, dried chowmein noodles, stir until noodles are soft, and eat.

40. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

There are lots of easy one-pot or two-pot meals you can make with pasta.  I have several Hubs with recipes; if you search "15-minute" on my profile, you should find them.

Another great thing to do is get yourself a slow cooker like CennyWenny suggested.  You can throw a bunch of ingredients in in the morning and have dinner ready for you by evening.  I guess that kind of counts as a "trick," though, doesn't it?

41. profile image0

Thanks, Maddie,
    But... I do not like slow cookers. Two reasons. First -  when I was a little girl my mom used to tell me not to leave electric things plugged in if nobody is at home. Second - the only thing that is reasonable to cook for hours is meat. If you cook vegetables, even potatoes the whole day, not much in terms of nutrition will be left in your meal. So it IS a trick, sorry. smile

42. Calgarz profile image61
    Calgarzposted 13 years ago

You bet I can. It can sauteed vegetables and pork chop plus steamed rice. Yum.

43. guy1973 profile image55
    guy1973posted 13 years ago

i can cook a nice chicken curry in 15 minutes, provided that i have prepared all the ingredients before hand, and having chopped that chicken.  smile

44. megs11237 profile image60
    megs11237posted 13 years ago

Slow cooker. Throw everything in on low before work and viola dinner served when you get home.

45. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Yes. It is called the Hungry man dinner from Banquet. But, I like the Boston Market meals better. I think I could also whip up a good  tuna fish dish in less than 15 minutes.

Boil Macaroni, drain. In a separate pan heat up a can of cream of mushroom soup with 1 6 oz can of tuna. (Even faster in the microwave) add the 3 together. You can also add peas and carrots to the dish if you like, those also go in with the soup. It's pretty good if you do it right. I sometimes substitute chicken or ham instead of the tuna. I also do the same thing with rice instead of pasta. Doesn't take long, especially if you use minute rice.

46. profile image0

I found one trick myself. I boil some pasta, preferably spagetti, but not necessary,drain, throw a piece of some cooked meat preferably chicken and one onion into a blender for a minute. Mix everything on a frying pan with a little bit of vegetable oil, fry for 2 minutes just to heat everything, add some salt/pepper to taste. Pretty close to 15 minutes.

47. profile image50
    deans0430posted 13 years ago

If you like steak, try taking a rib eye steak (room temp), season steak with salt and pepper,place 1 Tbs butter in a pan on med high heat, wait for pan to get hot. When pan is real hot place rib eye in pan, do not move steak, cook for 4 minutes on 1 side, check to make sure steak is brown and carmelized, then flip over and cook 5 minutes on other side. Remove Steak and let it rest for 8 minutes to re-distribute juices. While Steak is cooking you can carmelize some onions by placing 3 Tbs oil in skillet on med high heat add onions. Season with pinch of salt to take out the moisture, stir often until onions are a deep brown, about 10 min. Top steak with onions, you can also add some Gorgonzola cheese on top of steak with the onions.

48. randomcreative profile image87
    randomcreativeposted 13 years ago

I can make a nice meal in 30 minutes, but I don't know about 15...

49. eatlikenoone profile image61
    eatlikenooneposted 12 years ago

15 mins. is tough. You can easily cook a steak in 15 mins. Along with some boiled vegetables, but prepping the veggies make take over the 15 minute mark.

50. twilanelson profile image61
    twilanelsonposted 12 years ago

Absolutely yes, although there is nothing like having the whole family in the kitchen preparing and cooking a scrumptious meal of comfort food together.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)