Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies

1. vvsjon profile image59
    vvsjonposted 6 years ago

Orange and Peanut Butter Cookies from the book Cookies Galore.

I made some caramels, but they take a lot of sugar. I also know MMAR people with diabetes, so I am trying out this recipe, where I could more easily substitute in a sugar replacement like splenda. I recently found organic orange zest and I have also been looking for a recipe to try it in. I'm trying these cookies first in a normal recipe to see how they taste.

1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    grated zest of one small orange - I'm planning on using 2 tsp to start
    1/4 cup orange juice
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets (I use silpat sheets and no grease).

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, peanut butter, orange zest and juice.

Sift the flour and baking powder together.

Beat into the wet mixture.

Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough spaced well apart onto baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. (I will be making a sqaure pan of cookie that I can cut into strips easier as well as a sheet of cookies to compare to.)

Bake until golden, 18-20 mins. Let cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

We'll see how these flavours taste.

Edit: well they don't end up tasting very strong at all. I'm not planning on using this recipe with cannabutter now.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Amount-of-Salt- … gular-food

2. BobbiRant profile image79
    BobbiRantposted 6 years ago

Thank you for this.  I'm always looking for healthy alternatives to baked good we all know and love.  I will give these a try.