jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Salt, Sugar or High Fat ... what's your pref?

1. purpleangel47 profile image60
    purpleangel47posted 6 years ago

Wnich type of food satisfies you more when you're so hungry that a gulp of water hits the bottom of your belly like a brick?
    Salt, sugar, high fat or all three?

1. MyMastiffPuppies profile image74
      MyMastiffPuppiesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a tuff question but I would have to say something salty. The sugar makes me too shaky feeling, but I would have to add something high in carbs, (good carbs) but carbs none the less.

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Any thing just food, I will actually reach out for a fruit when I am very hungry and need a quick fix, bananas!!  go bananas!! smile

2. CarpetDiem profile image78
    CarpetDiemposted 6 years ago

Ice cream and good beer... both have way more calories than I need... smile
    I can pass on the salt, but sugar and fat RULE!

3. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

Scientifically speaking, scientists have found that meals with higher fat content "tricks" the body into feeling more full. After 20 minutes of eating healthy fats, a hunger hormone (can't remember which one...leptin?) is turned off in your brain.

That's why it's important to include some healthy fats in each of your meals and snacks. (Extra virgin olive oil, avocado, almonds, etc.) About 25-30% of your diet's calories should be from healthy fats. Anything less sets you up for major hunger and anything more is overkill.

Personally, I think the most amazing snack in the world has to be almonds because of the awesome taste AND health benefits!