jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

What is your Favorite Hot Pepper and What do you Make with it?

1. sabrinaaq profile image50
    sabrinaaqposted 6 years ago

I like jalapenos and one of the very few ways i use it is in guacamole!

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just finished cooking chicken and artichoke over pasta. I followed the recipe as many times before. Don't know what happened! It came out SUPER HOT! lol My guests were not that into spicy food - 2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper will do it.

1. MPG Narratives profile image84
        MPG Narrativesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use cayenne pepper a lot too. Paprika is another one I use, it works well with chicken dishes. Good ole cracked black pepper is an every day staple in my cooking as well.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
          Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use a ton of Black Pepper on everything!!!
          I love Jalapeno for the taste as well as the Habanero.  I also like Cayenne. It all depends on what I am cooking. I just love ALL hot peppers. The Jalapeno and the Hot Wax Banana Pepper I can eat plain as a snack!!!

1. 0

I have a jamaican friend who carries hot sauce in her purse! lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
              Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can't she just use pepper spray like the rest of us?

1. 0

Nope... it ain't jamaican man!

2. Jerami profile image77
            Jeramiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Habanero are good if ya put a little Worcestershire sauce and butter in a skillet. Just roll the peppers around until the outer white skin comes loose.
              Eat um like candy ...  best to have a little avocado handy just in case.

2. FloBe profile image82
      FloBeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I also like jalepenos and I use them on natchos...I use Jalepeno Dorito Tortilla chips as the base, add lots of cheese, chopped red peppers, tomatoes, and jalepenos...the easy way is to stick a plate of it in the microwave for 2 minutes (or until the cheese is melted.)

2. bayoulady profile image81
    bayouladyposted 6 years ago

Just plain old sliced jalepenos, and we use at least a pint a month on you name it!

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Cayenne. Everything. smile

4. Ben Evans profile image74
    Ben Evansposted 6 years ago

Take a habanero cut it up and dice it.  Squeeze a lemon and cut up avacodos, onions, a little salt, tiny pinch of cumin, and some cucumbers and voila and put this on a salad with tomatoes and shrimp or some strips of seared carne asada.  This is a salad with a kick!

Oh this is tasty.  I love the taste of the habanero.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
      crazyhorsesghostposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like fresh cayenne peppers and small green tomatoes pickled. They are so good with beans and cabbage.

5. sim0n30 profile image60
    sim0n30posted 6 years ago

I live birdseye chillis, they are  great in roast red pepper and chilli soup.