jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. earthbound1974 profile image77
    earthbound1974posted 6 years ago

Basic Asian marinade always include soya sauce plus ground black pepper, garlic and onion and a little sugar. Don't include salt because the soya or soy sauce is already salty. If you want a spicy chicken or pork chop, you can add ground chilli or better yet, the fresh jalapeno pepper.

It can also be used as basting mix for barbecue, just add tomato or banana ketchup for a twist.

Any better suggestions?

1. Mama Sez profile image85
      Mama Sezposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I add calamansi extract/juice or orange for a little tangy taste and it tenderizes the meat as well.  Another option is to add a little clear soda.

2. scarytaff profile image77
      scarytaffposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A marinade I use for chicken is : Chopped onion, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and a few splashes of sweet sherry. I lift the chicken out after an hour and coat it with cornflour. Then I fry the chicken pieces and pour the marinade over them, simmering for an hour. It's gorgeous.

2. Carrie.M profile image60
    Carrie.Mposted 6 years ago

An old favorite asian style marinade that I often use is honey, soya sauce and fresh grated giner (including the juice). It tastes devine with chicken.

3. Louis Taylor profile image60
    Louis Taylorposted 6 years ago

I always put lemon juice into my the marinade. Dont know if it goes with soy sauce though!?