jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Gorowing Grapes making your own wine

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 6 years ago

any one know where or have good clear knowledge of making your own wine, I am wanting to try this, and so far information I am finding is enough to get you in trouble, but not necessarly to be sucessfull at it.

would love to know

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Before you can even think of making wine, you need to source/grow the proper grapes. Have you looked into that yet?

3. SEXYLADYDEE profile image76
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 6 years ago

Hi Dutchman I too want to make my own wine.  I went to Arbor in Centrail Islip on Long Island for information.  It's a store that sells all of the kits and items you need.  I am saving to buy a kit above the least expensive.  When the owner told me that even if you purchase the more expensive wine kit it costs you about $5 to make a bottle of wine plus the cost of the bottles.  You can reuse bottles and I am saving them.  While it would be great to grow my own grapes I live in NY and have a postage stamp of a yard so I am going to have to produce mine from a kit.  But later I might be able to get grapes from one of the many local wineries here.  Goodluck.

4. Johnnie Black profile image59
    Johnnie Blackposted 6 years ago

my old housemate used to make homemade wine.  it was okay stuff.  you wouldn't win any awards with it.

if you've never made your own booze before then start by making beer, it's really easy, and depending on the sort that you make, you only have to wait a month or two before it's ready to drink.