jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Best Cookie Dough?

1. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Can someone provide me with a simple cookie dough? Either a double chocolate one or a plain dough please.

Not sure if it's a US recipe that I can work out the cup to metric conversion but I'll sure give it a try.

By the way - I looked at hubs. There's a few. I was wanting a personal recommendation smile

Oh I almost forgot - I like the chewy kind, not the crisp ones. Or is that just down to baking time?

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Here's what I do for chewy chocolate-chip cookies, for a non-diet-conscious crowd... (I have hubs with low-fat recipes, if that's what your after.)  It's good to have a recipe like this memorized to play with.  I just used it last night to make orange-chocolate chip cookies (added a bit of orange extract and orange zest) for my partner to take to work.  Can't help you on metric conversion, but I bet there's a tool online somewhere to help you do it.

Mix in a small bowl:
    2 1/4 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt

Cream together in a large bowl:
    1 cup butter
    3/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
    3/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar

Beat in:
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla

Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients, then stir in 2 cups chocolate chips (and/or nuts, if desired).

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375 F for about 10 minutes, or until just turning golden brown in the middle.  (This makes about 2 dozen large cookies, or more smaller ones, but if you're making the bigger guys, make sure they are several inches apart or they'll run together during baking.  If you're doing smaller ones, you'll want to check them sooner, as they'll cook faster.)  Cool 5 mins on the sheets, then transfer to the back of a brown paper bag or a wire rack to cool.

1. katiem2 profile image61
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds great, I'm off to bake smile

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Maddie thankyou very much. That's just what I'm looking for. I'm going to give the recipe a go. You're a diamond smile

And no, I don't mind that they're 'whole' cookies. Removing the fat means removing the taste wink