jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Worst burger topping of all time? Or least favorite, whichever

1. Canklefish profile image76
    Canklefishposted 6 years ago

Personally, I think pickles and lettuce take away from the overall Cheeseburger experience...

Pickles tend to be over-powering, while lettuce wilts under the heat. I like to save my burgers until the next day on some occasions and these two toppings just do not stand the test of time.

1. leatherfootball profile image61
      leatherfootballposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually like dill pickles on my cheeseburger, but bread and butter pickles taste gross on a burger.

2. purpleangel47 profile image59
      purpleangel47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well ... for me "the worst" is the actual burger itself smile .... I'm vegetarian. However .... my all-time fav combo is a smoke seasoned veggie burger with portabello mushroom, melted cheese (yes I still have cheese in my vegetarian diet), chopped onions and jalapeno peppers  with LOTS of ketchup ..... mmm .. mmm ... good! smile

2. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Well I take out the tomato usually, but I like cheese(pepperjack/american/provolone), lettuce and ketchup. Mayonaise and mustard are never a bad idea either. I don't put the pickle in my burger, but I do eat it, thats no question.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

Not exactly a topping, but some U.S. state fairs are now featuring burgers that have buns replaced with glazed donuts.

1. Canklefish profile image76
      Canklefishposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sounds heavenly...

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

fast food pickles are terrible and that "special sauce" at McDonalds is really bad, in fact I hate McDonalds' food - all of it!!

5. sim0n30 profile image60
    sim0n30posted 6 years ago

The worst i ever had on a burger was fried mushrooms!

6. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Slimy onions are pretty gross.

7. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I did not grow up with the classic "California" burger that comes with tomato, lettuce and the bun slathered in mayo.
    Mayo? On ground beef?

Just gimme the basics. Ketchup, a little mustard and a little relish and I'm good.

8. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I hate it when chains try to create some limited-time specialty burger and they want to throw on some hickory barbeque sauce or one fried onion ring.  If I want bbq sauce I'll order bbq.  I don't want it on my hamburger.  If I want onion rings I'll just get a separate order.

9. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Lol KCC. I take it you are not a fan of the BK rodeo cheeseburger -- which has both of those items. Gag!

10. Canklefish profile image76
    Canklefishposted 6 years ago

Come to think of it, green peppers are not a natural fit, though they are on a lot of menus.

Five Guys offers green peppers, but unless they're grilled, forget it!

11. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

Jalapenos are the best.

Avocados next.

Worst, lettuce.