jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Best Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe???

1. lorlie6 profile image88
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

'Tis the season for wonderful desserts, so do offer up your very BEST recipes for post-turkey wonders!
    Thanks in advance.
    smile

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a recipe already on HubPages for the best peach cobbler ever.

2. lorlie6 profile image88
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Anybody??

3. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Hey lorliegal!
    I have a mahvelous dessert recipe. It is for gingerbread pumpkin trifle. Maybe I will make a hub out of it (?)

1. lorlie6 profile image88
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sounds perfect, but MM, what's trifle? smile  I suppose I could look it up, but what's the fun in that??

1. ebrenda123 profile image59
        ebrenda123posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think a trifle is a three layered thingy ma jobie...

4. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Trifle is a traditional English dessert. It's made in a "trifle dish" which is basically a bowl on a pedestal.
    The traditional version has layers of ladyfingers soaked in rum, jam, and custard or zabaglone,and whipped cream.
    It can be made with any combination of cake/cookies, pudding/custard and cream. Fresh fruit, dried fruit -- it's the layering in the clear bowl that makes it "trifle."

http://www.food-easy-recipes.webseomasters.com/food-images/Traditional-English-trifle.jpg

5. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Soapapilla Cheesecake is an easy dessert to try for Thanksgiving.  I also have a Pecan Pie that has no pecans for people who don't like them or are allergic to them.  I also have some sinful cake recipes like Italian Cream Cake.  I have hubs on all of these that have the recipes.

6. Rainman824 profile image58
    Rainman824posted 6 years ago

I have a recipe for a great cornbread.http://hubpages.com/hub/Recipe-For-Cornbread

7. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Rotten Egg Pie!

Technically, I suppose it is Banana Split Pie, but it has been "rotten egg" since I was a child.  Always the designated creator, I will be taking 2 to 4 of them to the family get together this year. 

Like any good hubber, the recipe is to be found on HubPages.

working