The Best Relish Tray/ Finger Foods for a get together or party

1. Beani profile image61
    Beaniposted 5 years ago

What are some of the best things you can put on one of these? We like to use different kinds of olives and peppers BUT I'm looking for more ideas.  We like having Finger Foods on Christmas Eve.

1. imatellmuva profile image84
      imatellmuvaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This isn't a finger food, but toothpicks can be used instead of forks. I make the same dishes for every party so I never have to wonder what to get.

One of my favorites, which my guests love, is Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
      just buy a bag of frozen meatballs, a can of pineapple chunks, and a green bell pepper diced.

Mix all ingredients in a large pot, dice the peppers (for a short cut, I buy the peppers all ready diced at the salad bar. Peppers are also sold diced in containers in the produce section). Heat on medium, stir occasionally until the sauce comes to a boil.

You do not have to pre-cook the peppers. You can include the juice from the pineapples; sometimes I drain it off, sometimes I don't.

Depending on the size of your party, and if you use (2) bags of meatballs, then buy 3 bottles of sweet and sour sauce, two cans of pineapples, and 1 1/2 peppers will do, or both if you like. it's an awesome dish, that tastes great, requires no preparation, and you and your guests will love it!
      **my favorite sweet and sour sauce is made by World Harbors**

2. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

How about mini pigs in a blanket? mini bruschettas? slice some fresh mozzarella into small triangles and top it with half a grape tomato?