jump to last post 1-40 of 40 discussions (45 posts)

What is your favorite cooking tool in your kitchen?

1. cupcakefan profile image60
    cupcakefanposted 5 years ago

I love my mixer and coffee maker.

2. About-The-Home profile image60
    About-The-Homeposted 5 years ago

We had a power cut yesterday. The first thing I missed was the kettle !

3. matherese profile image59
    mathereseposted 5 years ago

My pots i use them to cook my food

4. content profile image77
    contentposted 5 years ago

my garlic press
    did I just say that?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image83
      L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol I love my garlic press too

I think above all else, is my super-awesome-amazing high sided, non-stick, very large skillet. I LOVE it.

5. know one profile image60
    know oneposted 5 years ago

My microplane and my balloon whisk. Cannot live without my espresso machine either!

6. Jillian Barclay profile image83
    Jillian Barclayposted 5 years ago

It is a toss-up! My food processor or my Oxo Santoku knife- I use the knife everyday, the food processor every couple of days

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...not quite a tool....my man?....love watching someone else cook.....

8. srwnson profile image61
    srwnsonposted 5 years ago

Since I have recently added an auxilary-power-unit to my truck I now have a kitchen in my sleeper. It's called a microwave. :-)

9. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

I love anything sharp like knife.

10. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

with you there Saleheen , I need a real sharp knife and good peelers .. I cook up plenty of veggies and like to chop them real fine.. lots of onions and garlic too, so need a few shark knives in the draw to get my cooking going!!

11. Brupie profile image85
    Brupieposted 5 years ago

My 10-inch Wusthof Cooks knife is my favorite.  I sharpen it every other day so it is never dull.  Because of its size I can get great leverage.  Because the knife is well balanced, I can chop garlic and not feel like I'm performing surgery with an axe

12. FabLiz86 profile image76
    FabLiz86posted 5 years ago

My George Foreman Grill!  It seems that everything tastes better when I cook with it.  (Only because I'm too lazy half the time to cook on my stove.)  I put a plain chicken breast in there once and it was browned, tasty and moist.

1. evvy_09 profile image86
      evvy_09posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I miss my george foreman grill.  I'm short and for some reason decided the top of the fridge was a good place to keep it when not in use.  It smashed in at least 3 pieces
      Other than that my coffeemaker

13. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

I love my strainer because I love pasta.
    I love my potato masher because I love potatoes.
    I love my gas stove because I can cook both of those even if the power goes out!
    Oh -- also my toaster.
    Starch, anyone? lol

14. 0
    ssaulposted 5 years ago

of course my knives and pots

15. CYBERSUPE profile image58
    CYBERSUPEposted 5 years ago

Love my Slow cooker.

16. 0
    Helpful Hannaposted 5 years ago

My Kitchenaid mixer.  It does a little bit of everything, so I use it often.

17. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

a variety of cooking utensils

18. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 5 years ago

My microwave oven.

19. DinnerMom profile image86
    DinnerMomposted 5 years ago

Love my garlic press too!

20. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

An ordinary fork and butter knife(no need for steak knife). They will be the same utensils I'll use to eat the food I make. wink

21. HOSPITALITY GURU profile image78
    HOSPITALITY GURUposted 5 years ago

Spatula - Chef said, every cook must have a spatula on them at all times. And really, there is nothing one cannot do with a spatula.

22. 0
    jerrylposted 5 years ago

I have two items i like.
    The first is a meat slicer, and the 2nd is a dehydrater.
    They come in handy for slicing meat to a consistent thickness and then marinating it for making beef jerky in the dehydrator.

23. Anna Evanswood profile image75
    Anna Evanswoodposted 5 years ago

my magimix.... I am obsessed by it... it is a the best food processor:)

24. Mama Sez profile image86
    Mama Sezposted 5 years ago

I love my kitchen/chicken scissors

25. mquee profile image83
    mqueeposted 5 years ago

I love to cook soups and stews in my crockpot. It is simple and doesn't require a lot of watching.

26. datahound profile image3
    datahoundposted 5 years ago

My Shun classic paring knife, 3.5 inch blade handcrafted in Japan.

27. 60
    Leoroseposted 5 years ago

For me, electric salt and pepper mills are the best because of it's durability.

28. Gloshei profile image60
    Glosheiposted 5 years ago

My slowcooker, this time of the year I would not be without it. The 2nd is my Halogen oven it is so useful and quick.

29. eatlikenoone profile image84
    eatlikenooneposted 5 years ago

Wow this is a tough question. Hard to pick just one. For today I am going to go with my electric skillet. I use it for all sorts of dishes. You can turn the temperature down and use it like a slow cooker and it's great to keep food warm or warm a dish up when you are at a potluck.

30. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Other than my coffee maker and kettle (two life-or-death items in the kitchen)..

I have three skillets (a tiny one with a cover, a little one, and a big one) that I lean heavily on (and I never fry anything - it's just that the skillets are handier, even for things like pasta; the big one makes a great place to wash produce too).  With those, a spatula and the nylon serving spoon I'm always using, a person can do anything.  (I have all kinds of other kitchen tools/stuff, but it always seems easier just to pull out these basics and use them instead.)

31. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 5 years ago

My husband... makes a cheap dishwasher!

32. 0
    just_curiousposted 5 years ago

It's not a tool, but the pot filler we had put in our kitchen has been my favorite thing since it was installed. I couldn't imagine cooking without it now.

1. philzgrill profile image80
      philzgrillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

what is a pot filler?

33. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

Funny, I have a saucepan that I must use to make my mac and cheese. I have other pans that are similar to it, but, for some reason this lone pan seems to work the best. I also have a special pan that I cook soup in. I'm weird that way.

34. philzgrill profile image80
    philzgrillposted 5 years ago

tongs, you can use them for pan frying fish and also can be used on bbq for wings, chicken and anything else that tongs can pick up.  I use a hook type of device for most of my ribs and steaks.  It's made of steel and has a circular hook that allows me to claw into the meat and turn easily.

35. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I like my crockpot/slowcooker too, but couldn't cook without my cast iron skillet.

36. 60
    deans0430posted 5 years ago

A very sharp knife and Le Creuset cookware.

1. philzgrill profile image80
      philzgrillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

what do you like about the cookware you mentioned?  I'm not familiar with that line?

1. 60
        deans0430posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Le Creuset is french made enamel cast iron dutch ovens. They are durable, easy to clean, and they have a great warranty,. I use them exclusively.  Le Creuset can be quite pricey, obviousley there are other brands of enamel cast iron cookware, but I have never tried them.

37. Purple Perl profile image82
    Purple Perlposted 5 years ago

38. 61
    ShortStoryposted 5 years ago

my fingers

39. Julie2 profile image79
    Julie2posted 5 years ago

My Kitchenaide mixer I got for X-mas and my Coffee machine

40. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

My big hand made wooden mallet. mashed garlic, pureed tomatoes, tenderized beef cutlets, onion juice, orange juice, lime juice, and all around fly killer.