What is your favorite cooking tool in your kitchen?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (45 posts)
  1. cupcakefan profile image60
    cupcakefanposted 13 years ago

I love my mixer and coffee maker.

2. About-The-Home profile image59
    About-The-Homeposted 13 years ago

We had a power cut yesterday. The first thing I missed was the kettle !

3. matherese profile image59
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

My pots i use them to cook my food

4. content profile image60
    contentposted 13 years ago

my garlic press
    did I just say that?

1. profile image0
      L a d y f a c eposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I love my garlic press too

I think above all else, is my super-awesome-amazing high sided, non-stick, very large skillet. I LOVE it.

5. know one profile image61
    know oneposted 13 years ago

My microplane and my balloon whisk. Cannot live without my espresso machine either!

6. Jillian Barclay profile image73
    Jillian Barclayposted 13 years ago

It is a toss-up! My food processor or my Oxo Santoku knife- I use the knife everyday, the food processor every couple of days

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...not quite a tool....my man?....love watching someone else cook.....

8. srwnson profile image61
    srwnsonposted 13 years ago

Since I have recently added an auxilary-power-unit to my truck I now have a kitchen in my sleeper. It's called a microwave. :-)

9. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I love anything sharp like knife.

10. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

with you there Saleheen , I need a real sharp knife and good peelers .. I cook up plenty of veggies and like to chop them real fine.. lots of onions and garlic too, so need a few shark knives in the draw to get my cooking going!!

11. Brupie profile image67
    Brupieposted 13 years ago

My 10-inch Wusthof Cooks knife is my favorite.  I sharpen it every other day so it is never dull.  Because of its size I can get great leverage.  Because the knife is well balanced, I can chop garlic and not feel like I'm performing surgery with an axe

12. FabLiz86 profile image64
    FabLiz86posted 13 years ago

My George Foreman Grill!  It seems that everything tastes better when I cook with it.  (Only because I'm too lazy half the time to cook on my stove.)  I put a plain chicken breast in there once and it was browned, tasty and moist.

1. evvy_09 profile image60
      evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I miss my george foreman grill.  I'm short and for some reason decided the top of the fridge was a good place to keep it when not in use.  It smashed in at least 3 pieces
      Other than that my coffeemaker

13. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I love my strainer because I love pasta.
    I love my potato masher because I love potatoes.
    I love my gas stove because I can cook both of those even if the power goes out!
    Oh -- also my toaster.
    Starch, anyone? lol

14. profile image0
    ssaulposted 13 years ago

of course my knives and pots

15. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Love my Slow cooker.

16. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

My Kitchenaid mixer.  It does a little bit of everything, so I use it often.

17. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

a variety of cooking utensils

18. camlo profile image86
    camloposted 13 years ago

My microwave oven.

19. profile image0
    DinnerMomposted 13 years ago

Love my garlic press too!

20. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

An ordinary fork and butter knife(no need for steak knife). They will be the same utensils I'll use to eat the food I make. wink

21. HOSPITALITY GURU profile image69
    HOSPITALITY GURUposted 13 years ago

Spatula - Chef said, every cook must have a spatula on them at all times. And really, there is nothing one cannot do with a spatula.

22. profile image0
    jerrylposted 13 years ago

I have two items i like.
    The first is a meat slicer, and the 2nd is a dehydrater.
    They come in handy for slicing meat to a consistent thickness and then marinating it for making beef jerky in the dehydrator.

23. Anna Evanswood profile image72
    Anna Evanswoodposted 13 years ago

my magimix.... I am obsessed by it... it is a the best food processor:)

24. Mama Sez profile image64
    Mama Sezposted 13 years ago

I love my kitchen/chicken scissors

25. mquee profile image65
    mqueeposted 13 years ago

I love to cook soups and stews in my crockpot. It is simple and doesn't require a lot of watching.

26. datahound profile image46
    datahoundposted 13 years ago

My Shun classic paring knife, 3.5 inch blade handcrafted in Japan.

27. profile image53
    Leoroseposted 13 years ago

For me, electric salt and pepper mills are the best because of it's durability.

28. Gloshei profile image60
    Glosheiposted 13 years ago

My slowcooker, this time of the year I would not be without it. The 2nd is my Halogen oven it is so useful and quick.

29. eatlikenoone profile image60
    eatlikenooneposted 13 years ago

Wow this is a tough question. Hard to pick just one. For today I am going to go with my electric skillet. I use it for all sorts of dishes. You can turn the temperature down and use it like a slow cooker and it's great to keep food warm or warm a dish up when you are at a potluck.

30. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Other than my coffee maker and kettle (two life-or-death items in the kitchen)..

I have three skillets (a tiny one with a cover, a little one, and a big one) that I lean heavily on (and I never fry anything - it's just that the skillets are handier, even for things like pasta; the big one makes a great place to wash produce too).  With those, a spatula and the nylon serving spoon I'm always using, a person can do anything.  (I have all kinds of other kitchen tools/stuff, but it always seems easier just to pull out these basics and use them instead.)

31. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

My husband... makes a cheap dishwasher!

32. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

It's not a tool, but the pot filler we had put in our kitchen has been my favorite thing since it was installed. I couldn't imagine cooking without it now.

1. philzgrill profile image63
      philzgrillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what is a pot filler?

33. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Funny, I have a saucepan that I must use to make my mac and cheese. I have other pans that are similar to it, but, for some reason this lone pan seems to work the best. I also have a special pan that I cook soup in. I'm weird that way.

34. philzgrill profile image63
    philzgrillposted 13 years ago

tongs, you can use them for pan frying fish and also can be used on bbq for wings, chicken and anything else that tongs can pick up.  I use a hook type of device for most of my ribs and steaks.  It's made of steel and has a circular hook that allows me to claw into the meat and turn easily.

35. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I like my crockpot/slowcooker too, but couldn't cook without my cast iron skillet.

36. profile image50
    deans0430posted 13 years ago

A very sharp knife and Le Creuset cookware.

1. philzgrill profile image63
      philzgrillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what do you like about the cookware you mentioned?  I'm not familiar with that line?

1. profile image50
        deans0430posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Le Creuset is french made enamel cast iron dutch ovens. They are durable, easy to clean, and they have a great warranty,. I use them exclusively.  Le Creuset can be quite pricey, obviousley there are other brands of enamel cast iron cookware, but I have never tried them.

37. Purple Perl profile image50
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Knife

38. profile image50
    ShortStoryposted 13 years ago

my fingers

39. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 13 years ago

My Kitchenaide mixer I got for X-mas and my Coffee machine

40. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

My big hand made wooden mallet. mashed garlic, pureed tomatoes, tenderized beef cutlets, onion juice, orange juice, lime juice, and all around fly killer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)