jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What is the best meal to cook for a romantic night in!?

1. Matthew Rogerson profile image60
    Matthew Rogersonposted 6 years ago

Without blowing my own horn, i'm a decent cook and generally know how to make a wide range of dishes. However I would like to know what women would really their boyfriend to cook if they were going for the 'eat in' option.

1. megs78 profile image60
      megs78posted 6 years ago in reply to this

either a fondue chinoise, or a raclette! diverse meals that you can't go wrong with and also great conversation suppers.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd be happy with anything that took you all day to cook tongue

2. MikeParis profile image60
    MikeParisposted 6 years ago

hmm yes a raclette why not, in winter it's the right moment, but I'd rather choose something light.
    I'd cook some game meat, but not too strong, something like dear, with a cepes sauce. and the heart of our dinner, a well picked red wine.
    the meat could come with some small potatoes or why not green beens in butter sauce, cooked separated from the meat of course.

that's just how I see it!

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Hey, I guess what ever you cook, cook it with love, that is one ingredient that just gives that extra flavor to any food.

Cook something that is your very special.. that always works and by now you may know her taste to a certain extent.

Don't try to over do things.... make sure that you are relaxed and having fun yourself and not so caught up in your cooking.

The very fact that you care enough to cook up a decent meal and make sure she is welcome and relaxed would  draw her attention to you.
    Best wishes to you!! smile

4. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 6 years ago

A candle lit pot noodle....no pots to wash, no fuss....lots of time for some hanky panky!

1. fayehelen profile image73
      fayehelenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haha delish!

2. fayehelen profile image73
      fayehelenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

haha delish!

5. 0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

My special chicken Parmigiana and ratatouille, followed by lime soufflé and vanilla ice cream.

6. Matthew Rogerson profile image60
    Matthew Rogersonposted 6 years ago

Candle lit pot noodle sounds nice haha, thanks everyone! smile

7. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 6 years ago

Anything which is what I call clean food.  Nothing she has to eat with her hands, nothing with messy sauces which could splatter, nothing which might stick in her teeth or is difficult to chew, and always provide something sweet for dessert, nothing too heavy or messy or sticky.  Maybe just some fruit or chocolate.  You don't want anything where she has to drag the fork or spoon across her lips.  If she's wearing lipstick, this will remove it.  So filet mignon is good because it's clean and cooked correctly, should melt in the mouth, and can be taken off the fork with the teeth.  A vegetable.  No salad, too messy unless you break the pieces small enough to fit in the mouth but not shredded because they fall off the fork.  See, you thought this was going to be easy.  Stir fry.  That's it.

1. megs78 profile image60
      megs78posted 6 years ago in reply to this

haha, this is really well thought out.  Its true that women think like this...don't we?  smile

working