jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

can you cook at all

1. jhendor profile image84
    jhendorposted 6 years ago

Can you cook any food at all. And if you can, what percentage would you rate yourself in percentage%?

As for me i can cook well. I can even bake a cake. I rate myself 70% good.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

YES I CAN!

lol

Can't everyone cook to some degree?...

I rate myself about 50%.  I'm not the best and not the worst.  I can boil water. teehee.  I can make pies.  I can fry stuff.  I can bake okay.  I don't claim to be a chef and don't wanna be, 'cause chefs seem to have big egos, plus they take too long getting stuff just "right" when all I wanna do is enjoy eating, period.  ha

jhendorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol........im just hearing that Chefs have ego

2. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't want to toot my own horn but I feel I am a very good cook. I suppose I would rate myself a 9 out of 10.

3. sarovai profile image63
      sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If I am tasting what I cooked it will be around 70%. If others taste what I cooked it will be 90%. Now you gauge me , how I am cooking.smile

jhendorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it should be between 70% and 90%....thats 80%.........lol

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I can BBQ, bake a little and cook most things.

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I pretty much can't cook, but for my entire adult life I've seemed to have been able to have bluffed my way by, I guess, knowing a handful of basics, a couple of tricks, and knowing how to draw the line on my tendency to get just a little creative when baking.  I'm great with a pot of coffee, though. So, I guess I'll give myself a 30% (maybe 20%, maybe 10%) for "knowing how to cook" but a 70% for knowing how to come up with meals for a family (and having them like most of them).  I think there's a difference between a mom who "can cook" and one who comes up with "mom's cooking" (I think a lot of that 70% I gave myself has to do with the fact that hungry people are usually happy to have someone who knows what they like prepare a meal for them, and only rarely make a mess out of it.) wink

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I am an OK cook. So, I rate myself 60% tongue

5. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

I am an excellent cook or that's what I am told.. the fact is excellent or not I love to cook .. I can cook the whole day if I am in a mood for it.. which I am,if I find takers.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i am coming tongue

1. sofs profile image86
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Anytime Shuvo  would love to have you here, want some Biriyani  or some Kebabas??  anytime..

Biriyani at noon and Kebabs at night.

1. sofs profile image86

Sure !  and some kheer.. too .... whatdya say?  smile a nice saffron kheer  smile with lots of kishmish , badam and cashews how does that sound to ya??  tongue

oh I can resist my self tongue tongue tongue

1. sofs profile image86

big_smile lol lol big_smile  any time buddy for you.. let me know hen you are coming smile

6. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I love cooking! I think I can cook because some friends would request me to cook most of the time

7. matherese profile image62
    mathereseposted 6 years ago

Cooking is my passion, Ilove my food and i love eating Healthy food, I think to be really sure that what you are eating is healthy you need to cook it yourself. I usually cook for freinds as well. Rating myself I think am at 99.5%

working