jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Holiday Cookie Exchange Tradition

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

One of my favorite things to do is attend a cookie exchange.  I love the variety and then I box up some of the cookies that ones that didn't HAVE to go to my stomach for tasting and share with friends and family.

Anyone have a similar event?

What do you like about the event?  For me, I see these people once a year - they are 60 minutes away from where I live.

Please share.

1. Betty Reid profile image59
      Betty Reidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't done that in a long time.  I like sugar cookies with vanilla icing.

2. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I had planned to write a Hub about this, but never got it done.  I have only participated in a few cookie exchanges, and I thought they were so much fun! 

I think it would be a wonderful way to share the spirit of the season to have a cookie exchange where many or most of the cookies ended up going to a Women's Shelter - since the women likely would not be able to make Christmas cookies on their own and may have children with them.

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 5 years ago

Since we moved, no cookie exchange this year.  But, I am making Christmas cookie & candy packages for neighbors.

4. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

I participated in my first ever cookie exchange with my fiance and our friends. Each participant makes 6 cookies for every participant.  I made chocolate dipped thumbprint cookies filled with cherry halves.  My first time trying that recipe and they turned out pretty good.