jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Accidental Almond Eggnog with Eggbeaters

1. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

After reading the long list of ingredients in the store eggnog, we decided to make our own.

I used half a pint of fresh Eggbeaters, 2 pints of Half and Half and 1/4 cup of sugar.  Zeeing out, I accidentally added a teaspoon of almond extract instead of the vanilla I had intended.

It turned out to be a hit - we all liked it, including my son-in-law who "doesn't like eggnog". He wasn't sure if he liked this because it is light or because of the accidental almond, but he plans to make it himself.

I think next time I will use the almond on purpose.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Ha! My son loves eggnog. I'll definitely try your recipe this week while he's here. If he doesn't like it, I'll just blame you. smile

PS - Happy holidays!!!

Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If he doesn't like eggnog,he might.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Well since I'm not that far away, I might just have to stop in and try it. It sounds quite delicious.

Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too late smile

We drank it all last night.

My wife wants me to note that you could use low fat Half & Half too.

I should also note that because it isn't loaded with emulsifiers, this will need stirring before serving.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Inspired by your post I made brandy eggnog last night - and then slept really well. (I opened the carton of eggnog, poured it in a glass, and added brandy - not even organic)

working