jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

I made my first Ginger Ale, Today. It is so good!

1. Dennis Pace profile image61
    Dennis Paceposted 5 years ago

Has anyone made ginger ale?  I did it on the spur of the moment, and used powder ginger from the spice rack, instead of ginger root.  I will try the fresh ginger next time.  Also, I used kefir starter grains instead of yeast. Another method is to use club soda for the bubbles, but I wanted the real thing.  I have been making my own kefir from milk and also I use water instead of milk and little sugar and blueberries.  I just added ginger to the water mix.  I am very happy with the fresh homemade Ginger Ale. My new hobby is experimenting with kefir grains.  It is sooo probiotic!

I am new to writing.  A pleasant unexpected benefit I discovered is ; a lot more ideas spontaneously generate in my mind than I have time to write about, and many more interesting things to experiment with, than I could ever do. It is like my mind came alive.  One of the more fascinating topics that attracted my interest, is water.

1. eatlikenoone profile image85
      eatlikenooneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's great that you made that yourself! I have a recipe for homemade ginger ale, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.

2. camlo profile image82
    camloposted 5 years ago

Telling us exactly how to make it would make a great Hub. I'd be the first to read and try.

3. lovelypaper profile image67
    lovelypaperposted 5 years ago

I never tried to make it myself.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I agree with Camlo. Hub please!

5. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 5 years ago

Omg please make a hub about it! I'd love to make my own Ginger ale

6. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I have looking for an alternative to commercial ginger ale - love the stuff. Wanted to make my own but gave it up as finding the right kind of yeast one of the problems. Your method sounds very simple. I try to check it out.

7. quicksand profile image84
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

Cool! ... I mean it has to be cool when sipped, right? smile