jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Romance with Food

1. Alejendro profile image61
    Alejendroposted 5 years ago

What would be the most Romantic food for dinner? What do you think suits a table on a date?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Romantic food is food which takes in to account the taste of the diners, is used to capture the occasion, is well presented and tastes delicious. This means that there can never be a precise definition.

Putting too much effort in to a romantic meal can actually have the opposite from the desired effect. Keep it simple. Make sure that distraction and interruption above all is avoided and remember that a romantic meal is about a lot more than the food.

The setting for a romantic dinner, the layout of the table, the wine which is to accompany the meal, the music which is to play softly in the background: all are equally as important as the food.

Cook something which you both like, present it properly and in the appropriate surrounds and perfection should not be far away...

2. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 5 years ago

It depends upon people to people and couple to couple.. and..

when you are in romantic food.. any type of dish is acceptable because your concentration will not be in food..

3. dianne143 profile image60
    dianne143posted 5 years ago

I agree to trsmd that it depends to people and couple.

the answer is very well said

4. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...i don't know...it's definitely seafood for me....it worked!

5. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

My wife served me this one day, and I got the idea she was in a romantic mood...

1. The Farmers Wife profile image59
      The Farmers Wifeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That photo is lol Greek One!!

As for romantic food, I kinda like the spaghetti in Lady and The Tramp. Although, it can be a bit difficult to eat so perhaps left until you know each other a little better.

I think strawberries are quite romantic and asparagus is a bit sexy.