jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Potatoes - What's your best and most favorite Potato Recipe?

1. philzgrill profile image80
    philzgrillposted 5 years ago

The potato, one of the most inexpensive vegetables one can buy, is also one of the least sexy but most versatile food you can put in your cooking arsenal.

Whether its boiled, fried, baked, mashed, tossed in salads, shredded, grilled or put in the microwave, it's a darn good dish to make. 

One of the best things about potato dishes is the smell and aroma of the potato.  The taste ain't bad either ("ain't ain't a word I remember my English teacher would say, sorry).

Would like all those potato lovers out there to share some of their best potato dishes.

1. LagunaAlkaline profile image86
      LagunaAlkalineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I don't have a recipe for this one, but my boyfriend makes 2 amazing potato dishes! He always starts with diced potatoes and then he adds some chili lime rub along with other spices to the potatoes and adds chicken on top. He bakes it in the oven and when it comes out its heaven in your mouth smile

Another one he does is cooks eggs with potatoes and adds some cheese and pepper. It's probably my favorite breakfast ever.

2. ultimatekboxing profile image61
    ultimatekboxingposted 5 years ago

I ADORE potato dauphinoise - it's incredibly rich and filling, and I always eat far too much of it, but it's sooo good.

Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees and peel the potatoes and slice them. Put some double cream into a pan with chopped garlic and bring to the boil. Put the sliced potatoes into a baking dish, cover with the cream, drizzle some olive oil on top and add some grated cheese, and bake for 40-60 mins.

Then gorge yourself silly smile

3. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

Mine is homemade vodka..

It can be made in 3 simple steps...

1) Get Straw
    2) Get Potato
    3) Insert straw into potato
    4) Suck VEEERRRY hard

4. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Mine is called 'heavenly potatoes' by the kids. I peel them (sometimes I don't), cut them in half and  place them in a baking dish with the cut side up. Sprinkle a little olive oil on them and some shredded Parmesan and bake for an hour. More potatoes increases the time, so you may need 1.5 to 2 hours. The cheese gets all brown and crispy on top and it's yummy! I put them in the same pan with the meatloaf sometimes, too.

ETA: "Ain't" is now in the dictionary, so you can use it all you want. smile

5. eatlikenoone profile image84
    eatlikenooneposted 5 years ago

I think nothing can be a russet potato that was perfectly baked, nice and flaky and just good!