jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Stuffed Squid--Calamari

1. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 5 years ago

How many of you have eaten stuffed calamari?  It is my most favorite meal. In our Italian Family this dish gets a resounding 5 Star rating

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I want that. Am not a good cook, but I try it sometimes, Asian style.

2. superwags profile image81
      superwagsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I love stuffed squid, but I usually manage to arse up squid if I cook it myself! I do love it though; Particularly chargrilled on the BBQ!

Damn, you've made me hungry!

2. Madurai profile image61
    Maduraiposted 5 years ago

can someone provide the recipe.. so that i can taste and tell about it..

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

style Filipino Calamares (calamari)

1/2 kg squid, eggs (one), 1/2 white flour, one half cup soy sauce, the one I bought from Asian store here in the US, brand is Silver Swan (it is approved by FDA),lime juice 1/2 half, chili , 5 red chili pepper - grounded, 1/2 tablespoon salt (to taste) and then little bit of pepper if you want to add 1/2 teaspoon.

Thaw the squid. Clean it thoroughly, removed the head, the pink skin and the teantacles. Then slice it to make a ring. Marinate the squid in the soy sauce and (calamansi)- big lime juice mixture. Beat the egg. Heat the pan and put the cooking oil. the squid should submerged in the oil. Dip the marinated squid in the flour and dip it in the beaten egg as well (dip it in egg first before you dip it in flour). Put the squid in the pan approximately one and half minutes. The color should be brown (golden brown). Remove the squid rings and drain it.

Make your dip or sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise or vinegar with lime, yum yum

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

..yes stuffed is the best!