jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Meat and cheese grilled sandwiches

1. steph47 profile image60
    steph47posted 5 years ago

I make grilled meat sandwiches with cheese and onions. Different breads can be used, it is your choice. They are really good, and can just be made as a fast dinner for one.
    Butter the one side of bread,put butter side down in skillet. Put meat of you choice on, add cheese and sliced onion. Butter other side of bread, butter side up. Grill on both sides in a skillet.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Yep I love fresh, hot toasties! Cheese and tomato are my favorite...

3. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Yumm! Now I'll have to go make a snack big_smile

4. CWanamaker profile image93
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

You are making my mouth water haha.  I make these kinds of sandwiches all of the time on my George Formen grill.  So quick and so tasty.  I like adding bacon to them I might have to go make one now.

5. Matt in Jax profile image81
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

Great old fashioned thinly cut ham and cheese like this is amazing. Toss in a cut tomato and piles of that ham and you've got perfection.

6. celebritie profile image74
    celebritieposted 5 years ago

This is exactly what I had for dinner, minus the onions. I like to add cucumbers slices with my meat and cheese sandwich, sounds funny but it is delish!

1. Matt in Jax profile image81
      Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Another good addition I'd never tried before I went to a local sandwich shop and had it is adding green apple slices cut the same way a cucumber slice would be. Great with turkey.

7. 0
    Penny splendidposted 4 years ago

You do have to be careful of the onion though as it can really hold the heat. Same if you add tomato. Anything with a high water content will harbour the heat and blister the top of your mouth.

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Grilled cheese and bacon on sourdough bread. YUM!!

9. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 4 years ago

Not a meat, but grilled peanut butter and jelly is incredibly good.  Tip: wear a bib.

1. shadysidekick profile image60
      shadysidekickposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ohhhhh...I love grilled PB&J's...and I never had one until I was an adult! A friend introduced me to a PB&J hobo pie cooked in a mold over a campfire, and I fell in loooooove!!! Bib MANDATORY! LOL

10. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

I love this kind of food but it does not love me !!  a trillion calories a shot.