jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

shrimp linguine

1. N.E. Wright profile image80
    N.E. Wrightposted 5 years ago

My younger brother has a BBQ restaurant.  For some reason he decided to add a fairly new specialty -- of his -- on his menus, Shrimp Linguine w/Garlic.

I am not big on non-fried shrimps or pasta, Still, I had ordered this Shrimp Linguine -- with garlic -- for my birthday dinner yesterday, and I loved it. 

I needed a bib.  I was shameless messy, and I just did not care.  I was a bit upset that I stained my lovely top, but that's life.

Here's the thing;  Has anyone ever heard of Shrimp Linguine w/Garlic before?  I really never had.  Also, did you like it?

2. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

COuld this be the recipe you're talking about?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina- … index.html

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 5 years ago

We have it all the time! It is yummers!

4. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

We regularly have crab linguine, not tried shrimp.

5. eatlikenoone profile image85
    eatlikenooneposted 5 years ago

Nope, never had it before. I usually only eat fried shrimp occasionally.

6. 0
    janellelkposted 5 years ago

I thought shrimp linguine in a white sauce was fairly common..?  I've heard about it and eaten it since a kid.

7. shogan profile image86
    shoganposted 5 years ago

I've had it many times.  I agree, janellelk...I didn't think it was that uncommon.  Tasty stuff.

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

One of my favorites! - restaurants in Ohio have made it very well for many years.

I misread the title though and thought the thread was about SHEEP Linguine. Never tried THAT! I need new eyes.

1. shogan profile image86
      shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe that was the intention, Patty.  Now that would be unusual!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago in reply to this

9. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Yes, I've enjoyed it many times. It truly is delicious. (Having said that, as a garlic addict, I love anything with garlic! smile ) Here in the UK, we call it prawn linguine and flat-leafed parsley is commonly scattered over the top before service. It's always great to find a new dish that you love and I hope this is one you continue to enjoy.