jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

Wisconsin Man Eats 25,000th Big Mac Today

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Wisconsin Man Eats 25,000th Big Mac Today
    May 17, 2011 at 7:11AM by Katie Robbins | 1 Comment
    Today McDonald's will celebrate 25,000 Big Macs served. To just one man.

It's taken Wisconsin man Don Gorske 39 years to reach this auspicious milestone. He first started eating McDonald's iconic burgers on May 17, 1972, and since then, only eight days have passed without Gorske downing a Big Mac; and on many days he eats two.

Gorske, 57, who suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder, began his habit at age 18.

"A person like me, I just don't change too much," he told the Daily Mail. "It's pretty much two Big Macs a day."
    http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-revi … ?GT1=47001
    well the article didn't mention any health problems so i don't know if he has any ill effects form this habit....

2. KeithTax profile image81
    KeithTaxposted 5 years ago

The real surprise is that he is still alive. Sometimes I wonder why I live in Wisconsin.

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

That is amazing!

There goes my theory that 3 Big Macs would kill a brown dog on a rope! smile

4. TattooVirgin profile image60
    TattooVirginposted 5 years ago

WOW crazy

5. Matt in Jax profile image80
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

And exactly why the heck would someone A. record how many Big Macs they've eaten B. Mark this milestone?

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...oh darn...he beat me to 25K!...he's up for the big prize now yikes

7. eatlikenoone profile image83
    eatlikenooneposted 5 years ago

I think 1 would kill me (or at least my taste buds)

8. eatlikenoone profile image83
    eatlikenooneposted 5 years ago

They mentioned this on Saturday Night Live this week. The joke was that guy ate a piece of broccoli afterward and died.

9. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

some people need the attention...perhaps he will end up in the Guinness world records book..wink

10. Carmen H profile image82
    Carmen Hposted 5 years ago

Since he has OCD, I guess he must be patronizing the same McDonalds outlet all this years.
    So interested in his health check-up results.
    What a nice collection he has: Big Mac boxes' designs of the decades

11. Greek One profile image81
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

how is that news?

I did that years ago

12. aware profile image70
    awareposted 5 years ago

and hes healthy. i miss my biggie fry's . Dang super size me , propaganda .  there is a attack on the right to eat freely.

13. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

This apparently started in his teens when as a Spotty, immature and chubby young bloke, girls refused to acknowledge him and laughed at what he described as his 'Lard-arse!' yikes

His brother (who had been trying to set the quarter pounder eating record at the time, in Oregan) had apparently suggested by phone, that he commence a 'workout regime' at the local goldenarches gym, so that he could get a date with a real girl instead of a sock puppet!

Clearly, to this day he thanks McDs for helping him to lose his lard-arse and his sock puppet for what may well be... a Better Set of Buns smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

mornin' PD..

14. 0
    janellelkposted 5 years ago

How unhealthy!!!  Unless he exercises like a maniac, I don't see how his cholesterol and blood levels are normal.

15. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

My daughter is going to eat a Big Mac tonight.  Just the smell makes me gag.

16. fit2day profile image82
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

As insane as that is, he eats 2 big macs a day. One of the reasons he's not 500 pounds is because he didn't set the record by eating 10 big macs a day. He's as skinny as a rail, meaning he probably doesn't sit on the couch all day eating big macs.

The reason people have so many complications from fast food is because they load up on fries, soda, sauce, and then go home and compliment that with more junk.

I'm not writing this to support eating big macs, personally I hate fast food, especially McDonalds, but as unhealthy as the sandwich is, it's far better than going to Outback and eating a blooming onion, which has 4 times the calories, not to mention the fact that the whole thing is fried. Shall I say death on a plate?

There are chances that he may develop serious health complications from his big mac diet, but there are plenty people who eat out everyday and have a much worse diet. The sad reality is if he were fat this wouldn't be news, but McD's probably see's him as Subway (also unhealthy) sees Jared.