jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

How do you cook burgers?

1. Matt in Jax profile image81
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

Do you add a special ingredient or marinate?
    Pack cheese inside?
    How do you make your burgers special for that best Summer cooking flavor?

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Garlic salt and a little lemon pepper on a grill.

2. yumyumfoodrecipes profile image61
      yumyumfoodrecipesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmmn, don't know if i have it in my site... I'll try to a recipe of this one, one day.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Usually just good fresh lean meat with enough fat for juiceiness.
    I have sometimes made them more like a meatball or meatloaf recipe with seasonings, egg, crumbs, etc-- they taste good, but tend to stick to the grill and fall apart.
    I think plain is best-- add the condiments (onion, pickle, tomato, lettuce,ortega chili, cheese etc.) after it's cooked.
    (OK--  big_smile it's California style)

Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I heard that the fat of the meat actually make the burger hold together better too when forming it, though I'm not sure if thats correct.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very lean meat will be hard and dry. It needs a little fat to stay soft and juicy, even though a lot of the fat will melt off.

3. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 5 years ago

Fresh ground beef, soaked white bread (white and one slice), pressed garlic, salt, pepper, fresh oregano & basil, soya sauce, drop of oil all mixed together and made into patties.  Cooked over the grill - high heat to sear the outside, then medium heat until medium well.

Side dishes and condiments:  sweet honey onions (recipe is published), tomatoes, pickles, hot peppers, shredded lettuce, sauteed mushrooms, dijon mustard and anything you like smile

Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lots of ingredients, but sounds amazing.

4. eatlikenoone profile image83
    eatlikenooneposted 5 years ago

I just add kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to my patties.

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

I know this sounds weird, and most of you won't even try it, but spreading a thin layer of clay-type, unscented kitty litter on the outside of each patty produces an incredibly juicy and tender burger.

The clay quickly hardens and encases the patty which seals in the juices that normally drip into the flames.  Simply tap the patty with the side of your spatula after removing from the grill, and the clay casing will cleanly seperate from the burger.

I had to see this to believe it; friends are amazed when I show them this technique and they taste the results.

6. SandyMcCollum profile image78
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

What ever gave  you the idea, Ron, to encase your food in cat litter?

7. SandyMcCollum profile image78
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

I add egg, onion, chives, sea salt, cracked black pepper, milk, bread crumbs and just a dash of Worcestershire. Fry them hot to sear, then turn down to cook through without drying out.

working