jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Which food are called junk food?

1. breathing profile image82
    breathingposted 5 years ago

Do you take those food or not? I try to avoid those if I can.

1. manthy profile image82
      manthyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think anything that is processed I would consider it junk food.
      Fresh Fruits & Vegetables are the way to go.

2. Freegoldman profile image60
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lollies, soft drink, potato chips, hot chips, ice cream, and hamburgers, hot dogs and other kinds of take away food are called junk food.

Too much fat! Junk foods such as hamburgers, pizza, fried chicken and chips usually contain loads of saturated fats. Too much saturated fat in the diet will cause people to put on weight and get fat or obese (very fat). Being overweight is a risk to the health of the heart and can cause other diseases.

Too much salt! Junk foods often have too much salt. There's a lot of salt already in foods such as bread, breakfast cereals and biscuits and cakes. So people are getting more salt than they need when they eat junk food. Too much salt is unhealthy for the heart.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

The photo has some foods in it that are good for you, tomatoes are an important part of a healthy diet. Cooked tomato is even healthier than raw which is unusual as most vegetables and fruit are better for you uncooked.

If it is a pizza in the picture, eating pizza now and again will not harm you unless you are on a gluten-free or dairy free diet. It is important not to live on fast food all the time and healthy meals are not difficult or time consuming to prepare. Some people think vegetarianism is a joke, but some statics show that vegetarians are less likey to suffer from some serious diseases.

Salt is one of the things to take care that you do not consume too much of, as is sugar and these can be used in too higher quantities in some fast foods.

To sum up if you like Fast food should be thought of as an occasional 'treat' (?) not a lifestyle.