What is your idea of the perfect meal?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (36 posts)
  1. jtyler profile image61
    jtylerposted 12 years ago

If you were given a coupoun that was good for a complete meal (appetizer, main course, dessert, etc) anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you eat?  It doesn't have to be a restaurant.  It can also be a combination of foods from different restauraunts/places.

2. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Asain.... but she doesn't accept coupons.... smile

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

Oh what a sinful man I am.

3. classicalgeek profile image81
    classicalgeekposted 12 years ago

Something that surprises and delights . . . and is too complex for me to cook on my own (since I am pretty accomplished in the kitchen, that narrows it down a lot--I cook souffles for a crowd as a party trick). I laugh at the assignments on masterchef and hell's kitchen. Heck, I even have a no-fuss risotto that I'll put up against anyone's.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I'd give the coupon to a homeless person, because I have no need for it, nor would I want it either.

jtylerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm simply asking what your idea of the perfect meal would be.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't have one. Hence, my reasoning for giving the coupon away.

1. Cardisa profile image87
          Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Boring roll

But very thoughtful.... smile

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

A glass of Vermouth Martini,
    Smoked salmon,
    Pea soup,
    Fried duck (half) with mashed potatoes and grav-v-y-y-y-y!
    Cheese cake
    Strong hot chocolate unsweetened with heavy cream

After that you can kill me if you like big_smile

jtylerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good.

2. profile image0
      Sherlock221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Vermouth Martini - my favourite meal.

My favourite food is Chinese, or fish and chips, or my homemade vegetarian shepherd's pie, followed by trifle.  Vermouth is a standard with every evening meal.

6. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Fortunately for me I cannot afford dinners like that. That means, I will not suffer from gout or obesity. Beets and carrots, please...

7. thooghun profile image95
    thooghunposted 12 years ago

To that pizzeria in Salerno, mmmmm. Quattro stagioni.

8. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

chicken lips and lizard hips
    And alligator eyes
    Monkey legs and buzzard eggs
    And salamander thighs
    Rabbit ears and camel rears
    And tasty toenail pies
    Stir 'em all together
    And it's mama's soup surprise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610w9M4VeDU

1. profile image0
      Sherlock221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh well, if you are going for the obvious, then of course, this will be most people's idea of a perfect meal.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's Bruce Springsteen's lowfat diet! big_smile

9. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

Difficult. To take your question literally, I'm not allowed to go and get /kill my own meal - it has to be restaurant food?

That being the case, I go for whatever the Port Charlotte Hotel on the Isle of Islay, Scotland, is serving. It is not exactly the least expensive in the world but it is my idea of eating heaven.

Hopefully, they would have some hand dived scallops for my starter/appetizer. I like them raw, or only briefly poached - coral on.

The seafood platter in the Port Charlotte is beyond description. Seafood only (ok - little bit of that lettuce stuff on the side for colour) but it is otherwise fresh salmon, smoked salmon, shellfish of so many types, pickled herring, prawns, lobster, etc, etc - I'm drooling, just thinking about it.

Pudding/dessert - hate it. Fortunately, the Port Charlotte does a great cheese board, as well as what I am sure are its many wonderful puddings.

Thanks for this post - I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight! smile

10. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I don't mind not having appetizers, but a nice glass of pre-dinner sherry would be nice. Lobster or pork chops seared in butter with a nice salad of greens, cherry tomatoes and grapes.....chocolate mousse, chocolate souffle or cheese cake desert. Main course served with a chilled bottle of white zinfandel or rose'. smile

11. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 12 years ago

It's not that I don't feel noble, but I could accept a gift that would refresh me, so here is my ideal...

Waking before dawn in a hammock slung between palms after sleeping to the sound of the surf, going for an early morning swim in a calm sea glistening like a diamond field with bright sundrops somewhere along a quiet spot on Florida's tip, this would be my breakfast menu--served in the following order:

Fresh coconut water
    Fresh caught shrimp grilled on the beach
    Apricot muffins with walnuts (gluten and dairy free)
    Fresh blueberries
    Coconut macaroons made with fresh coconut
    Fabulous coffee
    A fine Italian chocolate (or two)

I figure if you're gonna dream, dream about what you love!

12. IntimatEvolution profile image67
    IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years ago

My mother's chili and a grill cheese sandwich.

13. Albert Street profile image60
    Albert Streetposted 12 years ago

A glass of Pinot Grigio. Cheddar Cheese balls dipped in honey mustard for an appetizer. Spinach Crepe and Lobster crepe topped with sauce. this was my favorite meal at the Magic Pan restaurant until they closed down. For dessert Tiramisu!

14. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 12 years ago

Oh my, I have to think about it. I would like to have buttered scallops with herbs as an appetizer decorated with rose made from a carrot and some fresh parsley. Then a platter of seafoods like lobsters, shrimps,crabs, tunas, mussels, and scallops again beautifully decorated with vegetables and herbs. This is my favorite seafoods platter from The Anchor restaurant in Ireland. As a desert I would love to have the original Black Forest cake and a glass of Riesling wine from Germany. If I would be in my first home country, I would love to have a pint of a young coconut water. I´m hungry now,lol. I only eat when I am hungry;-)

15. BethanRose profile image68
    BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

Something meaty! With an alcoholic beverage!

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You took the words out of my mouth smile

16. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I like the atmosphere and "experience" of being in a nice restaurant, but I'm not a big fan of food.  I never eat appetizers if I'm going to eat a meal.  I don't want a salad if it's not going to be the main meal.  I never eat desserts after a restaurant meal.  Soup, top me, IS the meal; so I never want soup before or alongside any meal. 

My idea of the perfect meal would be a couple of scrambled eggs (done just the way I like them) with two pieces of the kind of toast you get from a restaurant's toaster (which is different from the kind you get from a home toaster)  lol.  Basic margarine on the toast.  Either green grapes or blueberries for after the meal.  White bread for the toast in this meal.  Orange juice.  Dessert:  All the coffee (but good coffee - not the coffee most restaurants have) I want.

I wouldn't want this "fine meal" (lol) on a platter with a fifty lbs of some kind of potato dumped on it either. To me, no perfect meal (this one or any other) is always served on a standard, round, plate - not on on the oval "platter-plates" so many restaurants now use.

Location:  An outdoor cafe/patio near the ocean.  A "basic" ocean, like the Atlantic (near me) is fine.  I don't want to have to travel too far to get my scrambled eggs.  smile  A non-ocean-side outdoor cafe in New England Spring, Summer, or Autumn (early morning) would also be good.   smile  For some reason, I'd want either light mauve, deep teal, or white umbrellas over those cafe tables.

1. profile image0

Now just rub the lamp and ask the genie!

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...OR do a search for a breakfast place that has outdoor tables (with light mauve or dark teal umbrellas, although any color that isn't red would do) at beaches within an hour from where I live.  lol  Scrambled eggs can't possibly be THAT hard to come by in all of the Massachusetts coast.  smile

1. profile image0

lol

17. Hui (蕙) profile image60
    Hui (蕙)posted 12 years ago

A nutritional breakfast is the most important. It'd better include 4 kinds of food: cereal, beans, fruits and vegetables, which will give enough nutritions, including protein, fabric, carbohydrates and vitamins, to prepare energy-consume for a whole morning.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

" It'd better include 4 kinds of food: cereal, beans, fruits and vegetables, which will give enough nutritions, " and enough gas to fuel a small rocket! Better stick to one type of food and do not mix too much together in one meal. Fruits are better eaten between meals like a snack!

1. Hui (蕙) profile image60
        Hui (蕙)posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Fruits are eaten not just by a whole original fruit to snack. It should be made into meal, like apple soup. tongue How could you speak such gross words in this yellow shirt? What is your one type of food? Butter?

2. Hui (蕙) profile image60
        Hui (蕙)posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here is my nutritional breakfast, including green bean egg, banana with honey sauce, sunflower seeds and letuce, corn soup, and bread. It took me 15 minutes.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5363828_f248.jpg

18. Nelma profile image61
    Nelmaposted 12 years ago

Sushi on Body!
    Man, of course.
    smile

19. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I am on my own tonight, so decided to do something simple.  I really wanted a large tuna and salad Subway, but as my local one has closed because of the recession, I had to make my own,and bought everything from Sainsbury's.  I downed this with a few martinis.  Thankfully I had enough olives left over from the salad.  I have eaten it looking out onto my garden with the sounds of La Traviata playing on my gramophone.  Perfect.

1. profile image0
      will345davisposted 12 years ago

My perfect meal would have to be a combination of various things. For starters it would be some gravy cheese fries. That greasy mess is always delicious. The entre would have to be a medium rare porterhouse with a twice baked potato. Only one thing could follow up that meal. It would have to be some red velvet cake ice cream. Just thinking about it has me craving these things now.

2. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 12 years ago

My favorite is any leftovers because all I have to do is warm it up!

3. Hui (蕙) profile image60
      Hui (蕙)posted 12 years ago

Here is one of my suppers. All are Chinese traditional.

Shrimp ball with hot ketchup sauce, alongside vegetable and mushroom
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5369113_f248.jpg
      Coral cucumber
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5369117_f248.jpg
      Hot candied apple for desert
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5369123_f248.jpg
      Rice milk and Chinese noodle
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5369132_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)