jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)

So what kind of foods do you like to grill in the summer time?

1. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 5 years ago

I personally like steak and shrimp .... oh yeah with a big tall cold one my favorite ... how bout you?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Chicken, fish, steak, roasts, turkey, pork, vegetable and potatoes. Anything that I can cook on the BBQ I will. I hardly ever use my kitchen stove during the summer months.

2. dabneylewis profile image60
      dabneylewisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

as I'm veggie so I love to have loads of fruit salads in summery days smile

3. Fullerman5000 profile image80
      Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Steak is number one. I enjoy ribs, chicken and thick cut pork chops, but i love to grill a good steak. Ribeye is my favorite cut, then filet.

2. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 5 years ago

oh , wow , Im commin over hahahaa smile

come on over smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Weiner dogs.

1. starme77 profile image86
      starme77posted 5 years ago in reply to this

haha yeah I likes them too smile

I knew I forgot something lol smile

4. Pdxrecycler profile image60
    Pdxrecyclerposted 5 years ago

I like to grill veggie burgers and kebobs!

5. classicalgeek profile image87
    classicalgeekposted 5 years ago

Asparagus, fruit, sandwiches, meats, etc. I love grilling when the weather is right. I've even grilled slices of pie.

6. maggi81 profile image60
    maggi81posted 5 years ago

This summer it was more of smoking than grilling or BBQ's. Fresh smoked fish tastes yummy!!

1. Joe Macho profile image93
      Joe Machoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Smoking fish is the way to go! Try using extra herbs instead of the normal wood chips

7. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Burgers, dogs, sirloin steaks, kabobs. It's just nice to be grilling. Might be doing it the whole week now that Irene has left town.

8. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

My husband does all that, and as long as you hand him anything from corn to tri-tip, he'll put it on the grill.  Of course, you have to "pay" him with his favorite micro beer.  I'm afraid of starting fires, so I stick to stove top cooking or baking.

9. ThelmaC profile image91
    ThelmaCposted 5 years ago

Steak is a favorite but we also enjoy pork chops on the grill.  It's a much healthier way of cooking them instead of our traditional fried pork chops here in the south.

10. Johnrr631992 profile image82
    Johnrr631992posted 5 years ago

Steak TIPS... Best thing to cook, especially after they marinate all day in a good bbq/terriyaki sauce

11. readingwriting profile image60
    readingwritingposted 5 years ago

I recently heard about grilling pizzas outside from a friend.  I never tried it, but he hosted a dinner party where he made homemade pizzas and cooked them over the open flame.  Sounds delicious to me!

12. 0
    mtsi1098posted 5 years ago

i will cook a bunch of bison, chicken and turkey

13. 0
    jenuboukaposted 5 years ago

I probably have grilled everything known to man as edible to consume.  Fruits, breads, proteins, veggies, dense sweet cake.  During the summer  months where I live can be immensely hot, so to avoid a hot and humid kitchen and dish clean up, my motto is when in doubt....grill it

working