jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)

So what kind of foods do you like to grill in the summer time?

1. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 5 years ago

I personally like steak and shrimp .... oh yeah with a big tall cold one my favorite ... how bout you?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image85
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Chicken, fish, steak, roasts, turkey, pork, vegetable and potatoes. Anything that I can cook on the BBQ I will. I hardly ever use my kitchen stove during the summer months.

2. dabneylewis profile image60
      dabneylewisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

as I'm veggie so I love to have loads of fruit salads in summery days smile

3. Fullerman5000 profile image80
      Fullerman5000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Steak is number one. I enjoy ribs, chicken and thick cut pork chops, but i love to grill a good steak. Ribeye is my favorite cut, then filet.

2. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 5 years ago

oh , wow , Im commin over hahahaa smile

come on over smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Weiner dogs.

1. starme77 profile image86
      starme77posted 5 years ago in reply to this

haha yeah I likes them too smile

I knew I forgot something lol smile

4. Pdxrecycler profile image61
    Pdxrecyclerposted 5 years ago

I like to grill veggie burgers and kebobs!

5. classicalgeek profile image89
    classicalgeekposted 5 years ago

Asparagus, fruit, sandwiches, meats, etc. I love grilling when the weather is right. I've even grilled slices of pie.

6. maggi81 profile image60
    maggi81posted 5 years ago

This summer it was more of smoking than grilling or BBQ's. Fresh smoked fish tastes yummy!!

1. Joe Macho profile image94
      Joe Machoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Smoking fish is the way to go! Try using extra herbs instead of the normal wood chips

7. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Burgers, dogs, sirloin steaks, kabobs. It's just nice to be grilling. Might be doing it the whole week now that Irene has left town.

8. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

My husband does all that, and as long as you hand him anything from corn to tri-tip, he'll put it on the grill.  Of course, you have to "pay" him with his favorite micro beer.  I'm afraid of starting fires, so I stick to stove top cooking or baking.

9. ThelmaC profile image93
    ThelmaCposted 5 years ago

Steak is a favorite but we also enjoy pork chops on the grill.  It's a much healthier way of cooking them instead of our traditional fried pork chops here in the south.

10. Johnrr631992 profile image83
    Johnrr631992posted 5 years ago

Steak TIPS... Best thing to cook, especially after they marinate all day in a good bbq/terriyaki sauce

11. readingwriting profile image61
    readingwritingposted 5 years ago

I recently heard about grilling pizzas outside from a friend.  I never tried it, but he hosted a dinner party where he made homemade pizzas and cooked them over the open flame.  Sounds delicious to me!

12. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 5 years ago

i will cook a bunch of bison, chicken and turkey

13. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 5 years ago

I probably have grilled everything known to man as edible to consume.  Fruits, breads, proteins, veggies, dense sweet cake.  During the summer  months where I live can be immensely hot, so to avoid a hot and humid kitchen and dish clean up, my motto is when in doubt....grill it

working